Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: world boss white sands.

You can still get afkers but now you can see who is doing it. And when the boss gets kited, the afkers either have to wake up or 'lose' that 40 minutes of afking.

Kiting to the ress pad is fine imo, it makes the run back a lot quicker and removes 'random ress pad' respawning.

Just nerf the hit points. Having just enough for a raid and a couple of lower levels (30?) sounds good too.

Anyone know if they are going to patch WB, I'm not going to spend like one hour to kill one WB, its just not worth it. It needs to be set up like other WB so we can nail it 5 or 6 times in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    Wrong! Most people will spend an hour on the world boss, they just want to spend that hour killing it 5 or 6 times for a chance at some different loot. Keeping the boss the way it is know leaves to option to hunt for pets for the hardcores, and the ability to check the box for a cloak for the casuals.

Also, the previous world bosses were free loot- thats why a lot of people would do 1 combo then run back to the rezpad. Remember that? Sugar? remember when people afk'd all the time?
    I understand what your saying, but I really don't care what some random person does. I want the new folks to get stoked about getting some t1, t2, t3 gear. I want them to get a lot of it so they want to keep coming back. Those of us in big guilds with T4 on farm forget about those small social guilds and how hard it is for new folks that don't have proper training, gear or feat plan. I want the vets to get stoked about getting some of that gear on their 10th alt or getting a chance to get that pet. If the price I pay is a few folks that are AFK then that is small price to pay. We always talk about wanting more folks to play and stick around, but pug T1, T2, and T3 can be painful, or nothing drops for your class, and your also locked out for a week. I think the WB loot is great for casual players and those in small guilds, it gives them a big jump up in the game and keeps them coming back for more.

Well, when you put it that way it makes a lot of sense. Though I feel differently about the world boss than you, you bring up a very valid point that I didnt think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Actually it's way better to get caught by the execution and to not kite. Kitting is lame, and make the boss harder and longer to kill.
    Dieing and running back from the rezpad is never the best strat. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I understand what your saying, but I really don't care what some random person does. I want the new folks to get stoked about getting some t1, t2, t3 gear. I want them to get a lot of it so they want to keep coming back. Those of us in big guilds with T4 on farm forget about those small social guilds and how hard it is for new folks that don't have proper training, gear or feat plan. I want the vets to get stoked about getting some of that gear on their 10th alt or getting a chance to get that pet. If the price I pay is a few folks that are AFK then that is small price to pay. We always talk about wanting more folks to play and stick around, but pug T1, T2, and T3 can be painful, or nothing drops for your class, and your also locked out for a week. I think the WB loot is great for casual players and those in small guilds, it gives them a big jump up in the game and keeps them coming back for more.
    That's one more reason to encourage those fresh 80's or lowbies to get a sense of proper group wide content they never had a chance to experience while leveling up. This is a great opportunity for them to understand the basics of a boss encounter mechanic and try to improve their gameplay and skill in benefit of the group. Instead Funcom keeps spoonfeeding them with free loot for no work at all. I was stoked last night as the same players would die over and over again, after several boss fights, without even trying to figure out how to avoid the "insta kill" move from the boss, even though several people offered tips and advice on how to handle it. Quite honestly I don't want those kind of players to be in this game, things are dumbed down enough as it is.

This is the very core issue why those said "casuals" and smaller guilds can't progress any further into end game content. They don't try to push out and improve their skills and gameplay. What good does it do in the long term, once t1, t2 and world bosses get boring for them? If they cannot comply with an easy, yet interesting game mechanic will they venture into t3, challanging hardmodes and unchained dungeons? I don't think so, they'll just quit once they realize the learning curve is a bit steeper than they 1st realise in this game and its "too hard" to keep on progressing towards greater achievements. That's why World Bosses isn't the kind of content designed to please casual players or even enticing people to subscribe. It's all about vets getting their vanity, pets and free gear on their 11th alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    Dieing and running back from the rezpad is never the best strat. ever.

That's one more reason to encourage those fresh 80's or lowbies to get a sense of proper group wide content they never had a chance to experience while leveling up. This is a great opportunity for them to understand the basics of a boss encounter mechanic and try to improve their gameplay and skill in benefit of the group. Instead Funcom keeps spoonfeeding them with free loot for no work at all. I was stoked last night as the same players would die over and over again, after several boss fights, without even trying to figure out how to avoid the "insta kill" move from the boss, even though several people offered tips and advice on how to handle it. Quite honestly I don't want those kind of players to be in this game, things are dumbed down enough as it is.

This is the very core issue why those said "casuals" and smaller guilds can't progress any further into end game content. They don't try to push out and improve their skills and gameplay. What good does it do in the long term, once t1, t2 and world bosses get boring for them? If they cannot comply with an easy, yet interesting game mechanic will they venture into t3, challanging hardmodes and unchained dungeons? I don't think so, they'll just quit once they realize the learning curve is a bit steeper than they 1st realise in this game and its "too hard" to keep on progressing towards greater achievements. That's why World Bosses isn't the kind of content designed to please casual players or even enticing people to subscribe. It's all about vets getting their vanity, pets and free gear on their 11th alt.
    I guess we will agree to disagree, just because your a great player in a great guild..doesn't mean others don't enjoy their small social guilds and will get more from the game by getting some T1,T2, and T3 the easy way. The game is too hard for some folks and some guilds are just starter guild, but great players also come from those guilds and encouraging them to stay in game is great. Yes learning in regular raids is great, but gear doesn't drop for those classes and we see people stuck at T1, T2 and that is not good for the game or for the player. They need gear to get into six mans and they need some hope to keep playing. This gear gives them a leg up. YES some won't stay, but nothing lost there.

Who's the NUTCASE@FUNCOM that came up with this idea >

20min per WB kill, pure Genius!
    Last edited by mrsmoov1; 7th August 2014 at 00:52.

FINALLY they're doing something right. no more 5k+ lag from 300 people pew pewing a loot pinata with a crossbow. Just lower the health and keep the player cap on the instances. Me Gusta.

39 mins to kill WB, not my idea of fun, they better nerf him down otherwise not doing it anymore.

heheheh, if this thread was human, it'd be autistically bi-polar.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast