Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: world boss white sands.

There are positive effects coming with the player number limit, like more stability, less farming and more active and communicative people. And the fight is actually a bit more requiring with lower numbers than hitting one key all over or going afk.
    For those on Crom, now imagine a hostile raid fighting you and you have world bosses, like they have been on fury since the first one.

Still, even with the good effects, the fight is too long. Also scrap the recent changes of distance limit. When you fight 1-2 hours and find out you get no quest update or loot, because you clicked a wrong ress or missed the close ress is just plainly wrong.

So, i would rather cut the boss health by 25-50%, depending on how much the max number (if at all) of players per instance can be increased. 24 is definitely too low (as the one in khopshef was too high)...since not all will fight the boss in a starter area and quest area. So, why not increase it to 32-42?

Another working solution could be to move such bosses to epic instances, so all who go there will actually focus the boss or the fight around it.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 6th August 2014 at 11:31.

If they could bump the population cap per instance by 50%, should make things more reasonable.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

This fight is really fun to be honest. I have noticed however that this is the first world boss with directional shielding, perhaps this is making him take a little longer to kill in addition to the fact that you can not have as many people per instance as the other zones.

Speaking as a "Less-than-80" I really found the fight enjoyable but yea, he really does seem to have a tad too many HP. However I don't mind the way the fight is set-up and I welcome the fact that multiple instances makes it easier for lower and newer player-characters to get involved. Please don't make it harder for us new players to get in on the fun as well!?

i had most fun with the first 2 worldbosses.
    the "thrice drowned" was the worst imo.

however i decided that not even a legendary cloak is worth killing the worldbosses and spend so much time with boredom that i stopped doing it
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Angry

I just don't understand Funcom. We pay our subscription faithfully so you can stay in business and this is how you pay your supporters back. Give us a little bonus like the World Boss and then drop a bomb on us in White Sand where we have to spend at least an hour to kill the boss because we can only get 20 peeps in an instance.

Why do you treat us like this. The fight is great! I love his fatalities, he is just way too overpowering. Either open the instances more or lower his health. This should make it better for all. I did three WB last night in 3 hours and 51 minutes. That is ridiculous. Throw us a bone will ya.

Last WB kill parse started at 97-98% of boss hp..

Shax proved that the HP is ever the same,given or taken. The problem is the +50 deflection shield.

This is the best world boss yet. Our guild formed a raid and camped out an instance for about 20 minutes, then once the boss spawned, had a good laugh at guildies getting skewered by the executioner. We quickly figured out how to kite him to a rez spot, to kite when targeted to be executed, etc. etc. We chatted, laughed, worked as a team... so much better than one of a hundred solo players punching away mindlessly at the other world bosses.

Smaller groups and more instances is good imo, but I'd like to suggest that there be no more than a 5-minute wait for a boss to spawn once an instance opens. This would eliminate standing around doing nothing and having to guess which instance to go to next.

I'm most happy that this guy lacks a knockback. It maybe have a bit to high healthpool and thats the main reason I wont farm this one in my hunt for the elusive (everybody else have it I guess) Leviathan set.
    Retired

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast