Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guide to Age of Conan PVP

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I do agree that t1 gear is good enough for you to be competitive but i dont agree its really that small difference in stats between t1 and t3. Difference is pretty noticable, and even more between weapons.
    For instance on hox without weapons you get around 300 more magic dmg, 650 critigation, 100 crit rating, 100+crit dmg rating, 400 tenacity....
    Difference between weapons are 50 int, 12 dps, 25 crit, 35 crit dmg....
    So yes you can fight as T1, and I do it on many chars but difference between t1 and t3 is not that small.

Still AA is biggest issue and there should be much quicker gain through pvp. I dont do pve at all and mostly rely on time train.
    AA is a huge issue if you don't pve, yep. Good luck getting those protection wards maxed within a reasonable timeframe for example (and they do make a massive difference). I'm playing a baby conq that is an absolute pve virgin atm and I can see just how bad it still is :/
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

r3 wards is a necessity unfortunately
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    AA is a huge issue if you don't pve, yep. Good luck getting those protection wards maxed within a reasonable timeframe for example (and they do make a massive difference). I'm playing a baby conq that is an absolute pve virgin atm and I can see just how bad it still is :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey
    r3 wards is a necessity unfortunately
    Yeah its really the wards that are a problem on the PVE side honestly, It would be cool if you could unlock those with both Prowess and Mastery. That could be a start to help things; I mean I've played for 6 years and my necro is the only one with R5 wards, my Tos and Hox still have R3's lol
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I think you should add something else to that guide as one of the biggest tips to pvp, having tactical awareness. This game is pretty much the only pvp game where I see, that people think strategy, positioning and mental awareness isn't rewarded. I think some people don't seem to have a mini map window open to show them the skull positoning, flag capped situation, or quarters capped/totem health. In fact people are still capping quarters after their totem has burned down, or get separated from the group and get sequestered by a larger force.

http://i.imgur.com/Eg3Mr6Z.jpg

Something like that, keep map window open sized to your liking, so you can see where people are and what's going on. This will lead to better teamwork and better enjoyment of the game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    I think you should add something else to that guide as one of the biggest tips to pvp, having tactical awareness. This game is pretty much the only pvp game where I see, that people think strategy, positioning and mental awareness isn't rewarded. I think some people don't seem to have a mini map window open to show them the skull positoning, flag capped situation, or quarters capped/totem health. In fact people are still capping quarters after their totem has burned down, or get separated from the group and get sequestered by a larger force.

http://i.imgur.com/Eg3Mr6Z.jpg

Something like that, keep map window open sized to your liking, so you can see where people are and what's going on. This will lead to better teamwork and better enjoyment of the game overall.
    Yeah Ill throw in a section about situational awareness when I get a chance. Thanks for the tip, there's great players that simply don't have any good awareness and it ends up being the biggest factor in a loss.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Hello pvpers!

What general perks do you advise for pvp? Ive been rolling with the usual Decisive Strikes/Pressing Strikes.

Should i use Field of War / Quick Steps or Precise Strikes instead?

I dont ask class specific because i have a bunch of chars.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by snakecharmer View Post
    Hello pvpers!

What general perks do you advise for pvp? Ive been rolling with the usual Decisive Strikes/Pressing Strikes.

Should i use Field of War / Quick Steps or Precise Strikes instead?

I dont ask class specific because i have a bunch of chars.

Cheers
    As a general rule of thumb pressing/decisive works great for every class. There are classes that can use Field of War instead of the crit damage rating. That being said that perk can't be used in PVE. The only classes I run a pressing/field of war setup is Hox, tos, and pom. For simplicity sake, just stick with pressing/decisive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234