Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question to devs. PVP armor T1/T2/T3

a newby with gaming education can lvl up pretty fast
    (not pvp4 in a weekend ofc , but pvp4 in 7-10 days sure)

but a nooby (first time mmo) will just melt and melt and melt for at least 3-4 months till he understands basics

Still remember a rank2 russian demo who impressed everybody facerolling ppl in a certain jhebbal , was his first toon , he was an experienced wow player as he stated

Days later he applied to Night Watch , ofc i gave him easy +1 , but right after it was proven that he used Edit by Anzu: No details on the forums. , which closed the doors and we never saw him on fury again
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th August 2014 at 20:23.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

I tried playing a tos, thinking I could maybe have a future healer for possible premades...man...

Blue crafted gear....I get completely wrecked.

I bought two main pieces from the store, thinking maybe this would help. Ok average -6 deaths per mini. I have achieved a total of 1 kill lol.

I would say eleminate the pvp level requirement but that would take away from funcom earning money...soooo...maybe it will be less bad once this crafting revamp (lololol) happens.

Why would taking away the requirement reduce the money for funcom?

Also, what i would really like to see, is more than one set per tier...the whole system does not make use of the possibilities of having a different set of pvp only variables on gear. Why not a set for survival, one for pure dps and one mixed set? Especially for the hybrid classes (bs, dt, hox) this linear gear choice is limiting part of the fun with these classes a lot. And the way funcom went (making the gear for some hybrid classes powerfull in all aspects, while focusing one for other classes only) is not good.

I made an excel table to evaluate the power of pvp gear and i am willing to share it to the devs, so they can dish out the sets in a few hours (i know i could).

T1 PvP gear shouldn't require PvP levels now. That way new playera interested can jump in and be of some help in minis. I see ao many new people thats wabt to pvp but cant cause they dont have the gear.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Once I thought the full t1 set should be able to buy for gold at r0, too. I changed my mind.

The armor is complete at r4 which is gained pretty fast. The way to r4 might be hard (without khitai/t3/t4 pve gear) but only for a short time. You already feel progression at r1, r2, and especially at r3 with the weapon.

The way it currently is with armor is perfect. Very small amount of grind for a set that is competitive with pvp t2 and t3. Those who can't stand this barrier imho will not have the mindset for pvp regardless which gear they got.

If you ask for a faster progression with pvp weapons you have my vote but not with armor.

I started fresh bs recently, bought some blue gear and even used some 40-50 lvl gear since i didnt want to spent to much gold, and hit minis. Atm im bit above pvp 2 after 23 minis and got 57 kills and 134 deaths.
    I must admit that i like it this way. Im learning a lot hard way and having great fun. I can see how this can be tough on new player but just stick with it for a while and you will become better player.
    Only thing i do have issue is not gear but slow AA progress for pure pvper.

If its to hard for most people maybe funcom can introduce some pvp 0 blue gear that will be much weaker than t1 gear but still give at least bit protection

i think they should just lower the level requirements one step, so T1 PvP gear starts out at pvp level 1 and ends at pvp level 3. Keep the jewelry at level 0. This way you get natural progression with parts at all levels and people quickly gets into proper gear.

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    i think they should just lower the level requirements one step, so T1 PvP gear starts out at pvp level 1 and ends at pvp level 3. Keep the jewelry at level 0. This way you get natural progression with parts at all levels and people quickly gets into proper gear.
    Why is a typical answer always "make it easier"?

mrcorp, there is a common denominator when it comes to interesting gameplay, whether we talk about classes in the game or even games itself, the key is Bushnell’s Theorem: "Easy to Learn, Difficult to Master".
    That is the recipe for success, you quickly get into the how's and the when's and feel you can contribute, but to become good takes dedication and practice.

Following this idea it is important for newcomers to get fairly quickly into proper gear, or easier if you like, just to get them started and not loose interest right away because they get one/two-shotted and stomped by high levels.
    So that's the reasoning for 'making it easier', give people quickly a sense of enjoyment and usefulness and at the same time maintain the progression as they learn and get better.
    Last edited by sageman72; 12th August 2014 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    mrcorp, there is a common denominator when it comes to interesting gameplay, whether we talk about classes in the game or even games itself, the key is Bushnell’s Theorem: "Easy to Learn, Difficult to Master".
    That is the recipe for success, you quickly get into the how's and the when's and feel you can contribute, but to become good takes dedication and practice.

Following this idea it is important for newcomers to get fairly quickly into proper gear, or easier if you like, just to get them started and not loose interest right away because they get one/two-shotted and stomped by high levels.
    So that's the reasoning for 'making it easier', give people quickly a sense of enjoyment and usefulness and at the same time maintain the progression as they learn and get better.
    Its an easy out that would only kill the game faster.

Your theory is cute and all, but lets talk like grown ups now, k? Its easy to be sarcastic, hence the point of this comment. I don't mean any ill intentions toward you, but if you want to actually discuss and not insult, then lets do that. Otherwise, this is a waste of my time.

First, lets agree that the PVE is what is keeping this game alive. So pvp gear is not being discussed.

Second, lets agree that PVE is a formed group of players moving through an environment, dungeon or what ever, and kill the end boss.

Third, lets agree that the entire point of killing the end boss is two fold. A) to do it for personal satisfaction, and B) to get the gear.

SO by this simple deduction, one can say the entire point the game is alive is because pve'rs are playing because they want gear.

With this assumption, we can deduce, yet again, that by just giving gear, the game would die faster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast