Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Barbarian Secrets!

Default Hybrid Barbarian Secrets!

Well what are they? I recently resubbed to AoC and am very suprised about how little direct info there is on here/the net generally about how to play classes compared to other mmorpgs I've played.

I love the class, yay Conq - harder but boring, ranger - lol but boring to after 4-5 button spam. Barbs always seemed a bit of an underdog but with a kick like a mule when I'm was in the mood back in the day. And oh, the fatalities! Primary motivation for re-sub after all this time!

I'm currently full zerker and whilst its "okay" see myself becoming bored again rather quickly. I'm using a razor naga so can key bind appropriately......

What I need to know - back in the day zerker was for the cc stuff, stuns, health regen on the bloodstance what you call it?

So re reaver, when do I change stance and what combos at 80 should I be using like a damage rotation/combo/ability priority?

I'm just wanting to a know a really nice build for hybrid and what I should be absolutely prioritising?

Your wisdom is much appreciated

http://is.gd/2P5ErU

my pvp build, around 10.7k kills, 4.4k deaths.

hybrid is always the way to go with pvp, the anti cc's are a must. Here's a tip, learn how every classes cc's animations look like and precast the anti cc before their spells/combos/abilities finish (so you're always on the move and dpsing or escaping thru any cc attempt on you.). weapons switching is also key.

builds like this are reaver based but with the blood rage stance for quick self healing on hits, we use usually bone shatter and without warning. key here being you engage as a un cc'able burst machine with good dps buffs and debuffs.

dps combos would be 1h bone shatter which is an AOE bleed, wreck armors, almost every rank, which would debuff and land shrapnel at the end of the combo, and whirlwind which is a heavy hitter, used with dance of death most of the time.

you maintain the reverse swing with 2h boneshatter, haste for the main buff, and ur cc's are stunning punch, aoe stun earth shatter, and KB. anti cc's are liberation from AA, unstable mind, escape artist, and excellent balance

aa's i use are decisive strikes and pres something strikes, the one with crit damage rating for the first 2.

Liberation anti cc and tainted weapons(to stop anyone's heal over time). and bone shatter/without warning like already explained.

I found barb needs the tainted weapons often because enemies will be regenerating constantly when you're on them, this will quietly make their healing stop if used correctly without them realizing it while you're going to work on them .
    Last edited by Kalinin; 31st July 2014 at 23:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinin View Post
    http://is.gd/2P5ErU

my pvp build, around 10.7k kills, 4.4k deaths.

hybrid is always the way to go with pvp, the anti cc's are a must. Here's a tip, learn how every classes cc's animations look like and precast the anti cc before their spells/combos/abilities finish (so you're always on the move and dpsing or escaping thru any cc attempt on you.). weapons switching is also key.

builds like this are reaver based but with the blood rage stance for quick self healing on hits, we use usually bone shatter and without warning. key here being you engage as a un cc'able burst machine with good dps buffs and debuffs.

dps combos would be 1h bone shatter which is an AOE bleed, wreck armors, almost every rank, which would debuff and land shrapnel at the end of the combo, and whirlwind which is a heavy hitter, used with dance of death most of the time.

you maintain the reverse swing with 2h boneshatter, haste for the main buff, and ur cc's are stunning punch, aoe stun earth shatter, and KB. anti cc's are liberation from AA, unstable mind, escape artist, and excellent balance

aa's i use are decisive strikes and pres something strikes, the one with crit damage rating for the first 2.

Liberation anti cc and tainted weapons(to stop anyone's heal over time). and bone shatter/without warning like already explained.

I found barb needs the tainted weapons often because enemies will be regenerating constantly when you're on them, this will quietly make their healing stop if used correctly without them realizing it while you're going to work on them .
    I wont comment much on build since there are couple variations on hybrid and basically you play with one that suits you. Personally i like to add AM to hybrid build but also did something similar to this.
    Only thing i wanted to say is that i wouldnt use 2he version of bone shatter to keep reverse swing up. Its to slow combo for that, i rather use lower versions of staggering blow.
    Also add finely honed to your repertoire.

Talking

good tips, i've been meaning to try a faster reverse swing with a staggering blow instead soon.

as for AM, i don't find it useful personally anymore, if i remember correctly it was great pvp 1-7, but i'm in full t3 pvp with a lot of critigation and stuff, it doesnt proc alot anymore if feated for me, and i also prefer using those points in other stuff like anti cc, again just personal preferences.

the wonderful thing about barb there are a lot of variations to builds which is one of the reasons i love the class.
    Last edited by Kalinin; 1st August 2014 at 14:16.

Fair point about AM. I do however like it but not always play with it in hybrid builds. Like you say barb has many build combinations and all of them can be fun
    And when you add to multiple builds also multiple AA choices, barb becomes really cool.

Cheers guys Ill have a play about with that build and see how i get on

I'm assuming you guys use the zerker stance for the recovery?
    Last edited by Cruddas; 12th August 2014 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinin View Post
    as for AM, i don't find it useful personally anymore, if i remember correctly it was great pvp 1-7, but i'm in full t3 pvp with a lot of critigation and stuff, it doesnt proc alot anymore if feated for me,.
    There is a logical flaw in your thought chain. Critigation doesn't prevent the crit itself from happening but rather reduces its damage.
    So you should get the same rate of proccs with AM wether you are pvp t1 or pvp t3 equipped.
    I would assume that with pvp3 you profit even more from AM because of your increased staying power, like if you get crit twice with e.g. pvp0 gear then you would have to run because the crits took 2 thirds of your HP while in pvp3 gear the crits only take you down to 70%. Numbers are made up here but i think you get my point.
    Perhaps you may not miss AM because you don't need to run/kite/move thanks to the good equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    There is a logical flaw in your thought chain. Critigation doesn't prevent the crit itself from happening but rather reduces its damage.
    So you should get the same rate of proccs with AM wether you are pvp t1 or pvp t3 equipped.
    I would assume that with pvp3 you profit even more from AM because of your increased staying power, like if you get crit twice with e.g. pvp0 gear then you would have to run because the crits took 2 thirds of your HP while in pvp3 gear the crits only take you down to 70%. Numbers are made up here but i think you get my point.
    Perhaps you may not miss AM because you don't need to run/kite/move thanks to the good equipment.
    Point well made, i think you are right. I know a couple good barbs who I played with a variation of the spec I posted but with AM included, points were sacrificed from general. With my spec I guess prefer the anti snare/root and extra armor.

http://goo.gl/C0549s

What do you think about this pvp hibrid spec? Playing mostly with DW, using BR stance, and as AA using pressing/decisive+liberation/the other one that reduces cc time+bone shater / withoutwarnning

You have anti kb and 3 cc break, got 1 stun from zerker tree, seems ok

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Aodan View Post
    http://goo.gl/C0549s

What do you think about this pvp hibrid spec? Playing mostly with DW, using BR stance, and as AA using pressing/decisive+liberation/the other one that reduces cc time+bone shater / withoutwarnning

You have anti kb and 3 cc break, got 1 stun from zerker tree, seems ok

Any advice?
    If you plan to use WW, drop the two points in Atrocity and replace them with 2 points in either Shock and Awe or Eye of Madness.

Anything beyond 1 point in Sever (and actually even the first...) is a waste, although it's true that the alternatives in this case aren't any better.

It's a solid base, although I don't like hybrid builds for PvP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast