Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Crashes to Desktop...

Playing in DX9 is only 'fix' for that I'm aware of, this has been an nVidia issue with DX10 for years.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

I can't play in DX10 with an AMD card on 7 64, so it's not specific to nVidia
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Aaaand it crashed again in DX9... Same fault. So it isn't tied to DX10.

I did a elevated cmd with this command line

sfc /scannow

It reported a few errors, so I rebooted and did it again. Game runs fine for the moment in DX10.
    Last edited by Shax84; 18th July 2015 at 20:13.

That's new, DX9 used to just give you black screen for a few seconds then resume as normal.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

It started happening a few weeks ago, so it may be tied to some update cycle, or just my Windows that was going loco. I first removed the latest updates (just removed all of them..) and it looked like it was fine. Until it crashed more and more often. The DX9 crash froze the game client, turned the window white, and when I clicked with my mouse on it, it gave me options to wait or close. Didn't get that DXGI Device Removed message... But seems like doing that sfc /scannow thing fixed some stuff, it works fine now. Done 5-6 instances, and am in a MC run now, without crashing yet. Earlier it would take 30 seconds - 5 minutes for crashing to occur.

Default Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Moved to the relevant subforum.
    I upgraded to 64 bit as the 32 bit version was running out of memory, not it randomly stops moving, starting device manager will get it moving again may just stop working and crash. I'm already running dx9 latest drivers on video. The thread stopped , what do I do:
    '';
    '
    ;'
    ';
    '
    ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123