Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Crashes to Desktop...

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Then why do I get a Nvidia splash screen when I start AoC?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If its any help upon launch I used to get this all the time to, but since i bought a decentish PC 6 months ago its never happened. Aside from when I tab out of the game to use the net to check for builds etc and it almost always crashes.

Says something taking into account that the game was released what, 6 years ago?!

if you have sweetfx installed, I found that it can cause random crashes.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Turn off the Steam Overlay while in game. Go to AoC game properties in your steam library and turn it off.
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Corak73 View Post
    Age of Conan Unchained the US Steam version is constantly randomly crashing to my desktop screen during gameplay, my drivers are updated already, how do I fix this annoying issue folks???
    The windows updates? KB2670838, KB2484033, KB2488113, KB2506928, KB2511250, KB2522422, KB2545698, KB2547666, KB2786081 and KB2799926

maybe one of those update is causing issues with me playing the game in DX10 fullscreen and ArchAge.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Call me the necromancer, but I couldnt find anything more relevant recently on forum.

I was crashing about every 1/2 hour with my Nvidia 2g vid card, win 7 pro, 16gig ram... intell quad core cpu, asus mb.

Anyways, I was on fullscreen with dx9.

Read on this thread about switching to windowed fullscreen. For shoots and giggles, I went dx10, windowed.

Stopped crashing period.

Just a FYI, seems the fullscreen tards out the mix no matter what dx you use.

Now it's my turn to have issues...

DXGI Error Device Removed

Win 8.1 x64 and it happens in DX10 mode. Recently started having the issue, played crashless about 1,5 years with this computer. Uninstalled the last windows updates but still crashing in DX10.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    DXGI Error Device Removed
    Did you try to move your card to another PCI-e slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

No, didn't do that. Have switched to DX9 and the game has been working fine for 3-4 hours after that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast