Thread: Coffer of Infinity

Default Coffer of Infinity

Right now I don't have enough funcom points to buy this (single or account wide), so when I check it out I get this message:

Coffer of Infinity

As you are a premium member, this item is discounted by 10%

This item is currently discounted, save 360 points!

You do not have enough points to purchase this item. Purchase more points below.
    Backpack

151 slots

You may only purchase 1 of this item per character.

First off: it says 'I can only purchase one of this item per character'...but I know that this item can be bought as an account wide upgrade. You don't know that, though, if you don't have the 5 to 6000 points you need to buy the account wide (or whatever it costs). And you can't tell how many points you need to buy the account wide upgrade unless you have enough points.

Plus...the description is the same as the one for Coffer of Nullity, which was also touted as "The ultimate in inventory upgrades, treat yourself to more space today."

So the same description is used on both bags.

Second, since the nullity was called 'the ultimate upgrade' a lot of people either bought it or the 90 count bag. Now there is a different 'ultimate bag' and it has the same description but has 151 slots. But you can't tell what it costs without having a lot of points.

Suggestion:

1. let you know what the things costs regardless of how many funcom points you have

2. Let us upgrade our 90/122 slot account wide bags to the new 'ultimate' one for the difference in cost between the two account wide bags

3. Change the description for the infinity vs nullity so its not looking like a copy cat

As far as I know, there is not a way to upgrade your account wide bag to a bigger account wide bag. And to find out, I'd have to buy another 3K plus points then spend them to find out whether or not it costs me the full amount.

I suggest that it can be done better.

^I agree with all of it.^
    It's a real punch to the kidney to have thought I was buying the biggest and best bag ever to be made available, only to hear several months later that Funcom introduces an even bigger bag. What's going to happen in another 6 months? Yet another bigger bag?

My other kidney is still bruised and bleeding from not being able to re-enter Khiati after purchasing the xpac along with all the extra goodies that came with it, now that I'm f2p.
    Last edited by kinlock; 28th July 2014 at 18:02.

Being stuck in f2p currently I know exactly how you feel.
    As far as the bags go, everyone wanted more inventory space so they made a bigger bad. I fail to see how that is a problem. What the real problem is, in my opinion, is that they never increased the quest item bag or more importantly the resource bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Being stuck in f2p currently I know exactly how you feel.
    As far as the bags go, everyone wanted more inventory space so they made a bigger bad. I fail to see how that is a problem. What the real problem is, in my opinion, is that they never increased the quest item bag or more importantly the resource bag.
    The issue is that they made one bag called 'the ultimate' in size, then put out another bag that has the same description as being 'the ultimate' in bag size.

Since they added in another 61 slots to this new bag vs the ambris bag I bought (vs 121 for nullity), I just am trying to suggest that Funcom let people upgrade their account wide item bags from the 90 or 122 size to the newest, biggest one of 151 slots. Rather than saying we have to pay another 40 dollars US or whatever it is to get the upgrade for another 'ultimate' bag. I think they would actually make more money selling the upgrades than in expecting people to buy another set.

And I'd like to know what it actually costs to get the upgrades without having to buy another 4000 points. Right now, if you don't have enough points, you won't even see that there is an account wide option for whatever you are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The issue is that they made one bag called 'the ultimate' in size, then put out another bag that has the same description as being 'the ultimate' in bag size.

Since they added in another 61 slots to this new bag vs the ambris bag I bought (vs 121 for nullity), I just am trying to suggest that Funcom let people upgrade their account wide item bags from the 90 or 122 size to the newest, biggest one of 151 slots. Rather than saying we have to pay another 40 dollars US or whatever it is to get the upgrade for another 'ultimate' bag. I think they would actually make more money selling the upgrades than in expecting people to buy another set.

And I'd like to know what it actually costs to get the upgrades without having to buy another 4000 points. Right now, if you don't have enough points, you won't even see that there is an account wide option for whatever you are buying.
    Yeah you are correct that you should be able to see the price without having the points first. That is fairly stupid. I also don't see a problem with a scaling price range. Such as if you upgrade from point A it cost price A, but if you upgrade from point B, which is a larger upgrade, it cost price B. But, I am quite sure the store does not read what you have currently in game so I don't know if that would even work.

They are able to tell that you bought a single character bag and only charge the difference if you upgraded to a full account bag (unless that got removed), so they must know what you have in game.

Plus a lot are 'can only have one per character' and I know you can't get another free loot thing if you used it once (promos).

Just saying i totally agree with the OP. Funcom please take note of this thread

They are able to tell that you bought a single character bag and only charge the difference if you upgraded to a full account bag (unless that got removed), so they must know what you have in game.

Plus a lot are 'can only have one per character' and I know you can't get another free loot thing if you used it once (promos).
    Valid point, I haven't really used the shop much myself and forgot about the "can only have one" thing so yeah, it must be able to read what you currently have.

And you can't tell how many points you need to buy the account wide upgrade unless you have enough points.
    You can. As it's said (should be in shop FAQ or one of slides, unless FC left that info only in TSW shop now) account wide purchases charge you 25% more. So it need just basic reading and math abilities only to know account wide price. Or being fortuneteller if Funcom removed that slide from shop main page.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    You can. As it's said (should be in shop FAQ or one of slides, unless FC left that info only in TSW shop now) account wide purchases charge you 25% more. So it need just basic reading and math abilities only to know account wide price. Or being fortuneteller if Funcom removed that slide from shop main page.
    How are you supposed to know that the item is upgradeable to account wide if you don't see it as an option to buy? Not just for bags, but for social gear? I have not seen those slides so I don't know if Funcom has that posted or not for AOC.