Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What determines who gets the kill?

Default What determines who gets the kill?

The only two logical I can come up with are most damage dealt, or finishing blow.

However when I start attacking someone who is at 10% hp and kill them, I don't get the kill. So it can't be the latter.
    When I attacked someone at full hp and got them down to 10%, and someone else finished them off, I still didn't get the kill. So it can't be most damage dealt either.

So what determines who gets the kill? It seems pretty inconsistent.

Easy.

Most damage dealt on the target.

When you meet a guy in a mini game, take 100% of his hp you are not sure to the kill, why? He might have been fighting with someone else earlier, that has taken 101% of his hp or even more, there is healing in age of conan . The player that has dealt the most amount of damage on the "target" during the duration since he was "ressurected at the resspad" or the start of the mini game will get the kill.

Most damage dealt on the target ... is correct

Personally I think, the "deathblow" should count as kill.

Why? For example I hate the frequent situation in minigames where players don't switch to target with low hp, because they could loose "the kill" of their actual target.

I dont understand, why this topic is not really discussed more.

Quote Originally Posted by nattok View Post

Why? For example I hate the frequent situation in minigames where players don't switch to target with low hp, because they could loose "the kill" of their actual target.

I dont understand, why this topic is not really discussed more.
    Because Quick burst dps would always win. It should be most damage dealt IMO. If we did it your way, there would be kill stealing.

You had pros forever dealing damage to 40% ish and switches target cuz the kill is done.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    You had pros forever dealing damage to 40% ish and switches target cuz the kill is done.
    I don't know anyone doing that. Perhaps I am naive. But I can say that pro pvpers finish the kill.

Red face

A little example to understand how the game "work":

Jonny the sin is fighting against Max the guard.
    Jonny is really bad and Max is owning him, but Jonny press his "Accelerated" ability and run away at 3% hp.
    Now Jonny is really far far far far away, there is now way for Max to go cach him.... Jonny is now safe!!!

BOOM! *TTS from George the ranger (ops PBS lol )*

Jonny has died!

Max the guardian who "failed" to finish his "victim" that have runned away from him, have now +1 kill and George the ranger, who landed the last "deadly" hit, nope.

Prolly the system is wrong, prolly is right, may be the last hit must count trought kills, who know, by the way this is the actual situation.

So don't wonder yourself if you "perform" 7 fatality in a mini and at the end you see only 2 kill in the results :P

Quote Originally Posted by nattok View Post

Sure lets give necros(some other too but necros most) possibility for even more frags thanks to DoT's finishing someone even from the other end of the map -,-

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    Easy.

Most damage dealt on the target.

When you meet a guy in a mini game, take 100% of his hp you are not sure to the kill, why? He might have been fighting with someone else earlier, that has taken 101% of his hp or even more, there is healing in age of conan . The player that has dealt the most amount of damage on the "target" during the duration since he was "ressurected at the resspad" or the start of the mini game will get the kill.
    I believe damage on player resets after player heals to 100% hp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast