Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ranger on pve?

I have to get myself pumped up about it to really enjoy it... The rotation is boring as ****, but I really do like the class for a few reasons... namely the sturdiness of it; I can literally tank for a minute or two in Palace if the tank dies & resist three straight 1 shots from Thoth Amon. The beast aggro management is nice too... Even with really bad tanks I don't have to be all that careful. Lastly, I really love proving the stereotype that rangers are a mediocre DPS class wrong. Do a selective parse, and post the single target DPS from encounter, in many fights you'll be a ahead of the demos and necros.

All that being said... When I joined Prophets, figuring out my main, I told them if I had to be a main ranger forever I'd probably blow my brains out.

It's quite a shame really... Seems to me like all the players that are decent enough to do good on the class get bored of it and play something else, leaving most guilds with these horribad players to bring the class to raid.
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Ranger is one of 2 toons i managed to fall asleep during raiding (luckily sniffef loot box and woke up). Can't delete it either 'cos it has such a cool !logon though

We have to practically beg a person to bring a ranger to T4 every week, just so there is no loot rot

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    We have to practically beg a person to bring a ranger to T4 every week, just so there is no loot rot
    Uh no. I am playing Ranger fun up down fest.

I want Heartbreaker back.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Uh no. I am playing Ranger fun up down fest.

I want Heartbreaker back.
    Salvo, and salvo, then more salvo.

That is all.

Never understood why salvo and heartseaker were removed they were great fun combos.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

There's some things i use to improve the gameplay of the ranger. Like Recuperation advantage which is very nice for all running situations/heavy spellweaving bosses due to the mana and good energy regeneration. It's also quite good on a DT to refill his blue bar.

I also watch if there's the physical wrack or any physical wrack dealer in the group, if there's not, i include unbuffed Armor ripper from time to time.

Some bosses like the bloodpit one from Caravan or Master GayAss makes good use of the buffed snare. It's s shame there's not more boss that are affected and their tactics linked to one sort of Cc's, like snare. Could make some classes shine.
    Also, ranger is very decent cc'er, esp if played by a loyal cappa
    Last edited by Bibik; 24th July 2014 at 09:36.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12