Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ranger on pve?

Default ranger on pve?

Hi, I only have a free spot and the only chars I don't have are hox and ranger. Without trying the rangers seams to me super boring can anyone who use one as main character for endgame pve context explain me what is the interesting about it? In my experience all chars have something unique that make playing with them fun but I can't see it on ranger.

This is not intend to be a troll thread, please don't start talking about pvp (I don't care). Only write the thinks you like about rangers on pve.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

i'm still using my ranger as main mostly for 2 reasons:
    - it was my 1st character here and i don't like to change main
    - it's quite easy to play, so it's easier to take a look at the combat as a whole

but if you already know the fights and the choice is between hox and ranger... i'd pick hox...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

My main is also a ranger but I use it just for pvp now as pve is really boring due to stupid revamp caster system. Pve ranged damage from melee range way to go funcom.

I too would suggest hox only cause if my ranger wasn't created in 2008 and wasn't my main I'd not roll one now it's just too dumbed down and too easy to play.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    The most effective ranger rotation for DPS is this;
    Upper, Lower, Deadly Draw, Upper, Lower, Penetrating Shot, keep buffs/advantages on cooldown, repeat to infinity.

It's as monotonous to play as it sounds.
    sad but true...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    sad but true...
    Can I get an amen
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Yeah it's that, except for start of the fight, where it's more interesting to debuff to both avoid getting aggro and well...debuff.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    The most effective ranger rotation for DPS is this;
    Upper, Lower, Deadly Draw, Upper, Lower, Penetrating Shot, keep buffs/advantages on cooldown, repeat to infinity.

It's as monotonous to play as it sounds.
    You forgot rotating the traps! But yeah... boring as ****. I think this class needs a fun revamp.

I see ranger usefull regardless of the simple mechanic look at it like this if you don't have demo or necro roll a ranger lol
    Also the advantages of a ranger in fights you can eat chips and salsa while playing pve lol
    Last edited by jicamo; 21st July 2014 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah it's that, except for start of the fight, where it's more interesting to debuff to both avoid getting aggro and well...debuff.
    yea, in raids you can use armor ripper once, then the mob will surely be at 5 stacks debuff before the cd expires, because all ranks shares the same cd...

and what about the best advantage(s) for hmz/raid to use in pve?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast