Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optimal group for necro in raid?

Default Optimal group for necro in raid?

I am wondering what the perfect group set up would be for a necro in a raid scenario, where the necro is using melee pets (mutilators)?

Would be great if the answer would also include why the classes are best, such as what buffs they give - both passive and active. Mana, energy, damage buffs etc.

You need at least one conq for their group buffs, one barb for the same reason (and Armageddon I think), one ToS for mana and their little dps boost. i'm not in-game now, and it's too early to remember the names of all the buffs. For the last two spots, i'd say another conq, and a BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Any class really. Most of them have raid wide buffs like demo ranger.

Best possible imo, Conq, Tos, Bs, Dt, Guard.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

relevant:
    tos-for mana buffs+magic damage buffs, both resonance and storm charge are raid wide.
    basicaly the more tos spams blue heal on pets more damage necro will do, and more dps the tos will do from blue heal as well.

demo-magic damage buffs(unholy hate+demonic war), the combat rating and extre electric damage ones are raid wide+circle of magic

conq-added crit rating buff team buffs+warlord
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    less relevant:

pom-added hit rating, never tested if for glowing radience buff you need to be in group or not, also blessing of mitra is awesome <3 not sure if you need to be in same group.

barb-because they usualy feat -hate distraction, i never tested in weapon damage or combat rating group buffs influence melee pets

eventualy dt for added unholy damage proc on your melee pets from dread fury not realy important.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 14th July 2014 at 15:02.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Hi Freke ^_^

I guess the most mandatory would be tos for several reasons, though only some are groupbound:

Storm Nimbus - Weak armor/spell penetration, does not ammount to much, but hey, everything adds up. Your pets get this minor buff too.
    There is Lightning Storm Nimbus to consider (featable improvement for Storm Nimbus) but right now it is broken and does not apply anything to the group, except the tos, lol.

Regalia of Storm - 183 combatrating for your pets. 14,9 Magic damage for yourself.
    Procs off ToS's Storm Crown (3 meter aoe range around tos) when in same group as tos. Additionally this combatrating effect a tos can improve by feating Thunder Storm (+366 combatrating)
    Unfortunately this feat is underpowered considering the point cost of 5, so any knowledgeable tos won't be speccing into Thunder Storm unless you have some bitch tos in chains by your side.

Coalesce Ether - 3% Magical mana tap. Passive

Blood Mana - 20% Magical mana tap for 15 seconds. Can be very helpful if popped at the right time.

Thats it for the buffs that require grouping. Then there's the raidwide stuff:

Idol of Set for many reasons,
    Mana surge - giving mana to any friendly target near Idol.

Idol of Set's Power - 46,3 magic damage and 565 combat rating to any friendly target near the Idol. Pets get this.

Resonance - Damageproc applied from "basic attacks" when you resonate between Idol and the target. Basically meaning melee pets proc this with whitehits if Idol hits boss and if Idol is in range to your pets. Same goes for some basic spells you have, I think in the case of necro it's Ice Strike, if you stand near Idol while Idol hits boss.
    Usually hits for around ~100 damage, depending on how debuffed mob is. Can be increased by "% Base Spell Damage" buff, but is not affected by any sort of magic damage.

Empowered Life of Set - aka Storm Charge in your combatlog. Adds a buff on any friendly target hit by Life of Set (ToS's blue heal) that procs electrical from all physical hits. The potency of this is immense when you have several melee petnecros around, or if the ToS specs for instant recast blue heal in generaltree.
    Usually hits for around ~250 damage, depending on how debuffed mob is. Can be increased by "% Base Spell Damage" buff, but is not affected by any sort of magic damage.

Static Charge - 244 combatrating (electrical) 10 seconds buff, proced to melee pets off the Curse of Set 20 seconds debuff on mob with 10 ppm.

Then there is the fact the ToS is a master debuffer, providing your with Elemental debuffs, increasing your frost damage.

I hope this makes you understand why a tos is so important, not just to necros, but to any raid really ^_^
    Last edited by Lurvi; 14th July 2014 at 18:30.

There is also Avatar HoX with Improved Fiery Weapons, an additional buff for your meleepets. If this procs to them, Im not 100% sure.

If thats the case, I'd say optimal group for necro:

Necro
    Tos
    Conq
    Distraction - rogue
    Demo
    Hox with Improved Fiery Weapons or DT for Aura of Dread Fury. Maaybe ditch demo for both, as Im not sure about the potency of Unholy hate + Caco, when combatrating buff is raidwide. But probably demo > dt

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    There is also Avatar HoX with Improved Fiery Weapons, an additional buff for your meleepets. If this procs to them, Im not 100% sure.

If thats the case, I'd say optimal group for necro:

Necro
    Tos
    Conq
    Distraction - rogue
    Demo
    Hox with Improved Fiery Weapons or DT for Aura of Dread Fury. Maaybe ditch demo for both, as Im not sure about the potency of Unholy hate + Caco, when combatrating buff is raidwide. But probably demo > dt
    both fiery weapons and dread fury are equaly ineficient.
    tos+demo+conq are the ones who influence the most.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I thought base spell damage buffs for Necro wasn't that influential?(regarding demos effectiveness)

But yeah probably will outdo minor procs from hox and dt.

Stuff like Barb Armageddon falls and PoM glowing radiance no need to be grouped.

I thought base spell damage buffs for Necro wasn't that influential?(regarding demos effectiveness)

But yeah probably will outdo minor procs from hox and dt.
    demo has realy nice impact on necro's dps performance, the base dps buffs they give stack up and in some builds allow for nice performance.
    you can pass 100%base spell damage with sw buffs from pets+ritual of lich+tome of erlic+bsd group buffs and pass it even more with pom giving you blessing.

mostly afects performance detonating pestilencial blast with chill and icestrike when using chiling breath, other spells even with huge base spell damage modifiers output is minor.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Hi Freke ^_^

I guess the most mandatory would be tos for several reasons, though only some are groupbound:

Storm Nimbus - Weak armor/spell penetration, does not ammount to much, but hey, everything adds up. Your pets get this minor buff too.
    There is Lightning Storm Nimbus to consider (featable improvement for Storm Nimbus) but right now it is broken and does not apply anything to the group, except the tos, lol.

Regalia of Storm - 183 combatrating for your pets. 14,9 Magic damage for yourself.
    Procs off ToS's Storm Crown (3 meter aoe range around tos) when in same group as tos. Additionally this combatrating effect a tos can improve by feating Thunder Storm (+366 combatrating)
    Unfortunately this feat is underpowered considering the point cost of 5, so any knowledgeable tos won't be speccing into Thunder Storm unless you have some bitch tos in chains by your side.

Coalesce Ether - 3% Magical mana tap. Passive

Blood Mana - 20% Magical mana tap for 15 seconds. Can be very helpful if popped at the right time.

Thats it for the buffs that require grouping. Then there's the raidwide stuff:

Idol of Set for many reasons,
    Mana surge - giving mana to any friendly target near Idol.

Idol of Set's Power - 46,3 magic damage and 565 combat rating to any friendly target near the Idol. Pets get this.

Resonance - Damageproc applied from "basic attacks" when you resonate between Idol and the target. Basically meaning melee pets proc this with whitehits if Idol hits boss and if Idol is in range to your pets. Same goes for some basic spells you have, I think in the case of necro it's Ice Strike, if you stand near Idol while Idol hits boss.
    Usually hits for around ~100 damage, depending on how debuffed mob is. Can be increased by "% Base Spell Damage" buff, but is not affected by any sort of magic damage.

Empowered Life of Set - aka Storm Charge in your combatlog. Adds a buff on any friendly target hit by Life of Set (ToS's blue heal) that procs electrical from all physical hits. The potency of this is immense when you have several melee petnecros around, or if the ToS specs for instant recast blue heal in generaltree.
    Usually hits for around ~250 damage, depending on how debuffed mob is. Can be increased by "% Base Spell Damage" buff, but is not affected by any sort of magic damage.

Then there is the fact the ToS is a master debuffer, providing your with Elemental debuffs, increasing your frost damage.

I hope this makes you understand why a tos is so important, not just to necros, but to any raid really ^_^
    Leviathan's Call is pretty neat too from tos's AA tree.

10% chance to get 244 combat rating (electrical). Think duration is something like 45 seconds.
    Last edited by Fass; 14th July 2014 at 16:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast