Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How does goad work?

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    tomhets claims can easy be disproven by going to onyx, have a tank do about 50% damage to one mob then goad, then have a dps fire everything he got and observe no reset in play.
    then try using it in actual raid bosses and dungeons where u need to swap agro to understand what i wrote is true .
    your pseudo test doesnt simulate the least bit a raid situation.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 11th July 2014 at 18:29.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Goad does NOT reser aggro, like Most here already Said
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Goad does not reset agro. It just puts you to the top of the mobs hate. However with all the max dpsing going on now and toons geared up the wahzoo being at the top of the mobs hate list doesnt mean youll will stay there long. This is why nowadays if you dont follow goad up with more hate generation it seems to not work.

Goad was made pre super nuke fights. With the current fight mechanics and players dps ability goad is in danger of becoming "broke" for lack of a better way to put it. Simple fix would be for funcom to add more of a threshold to goad so that it puts you at top of hate and then some.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Goad does not reset agro. It just puts you to the top of the mobs hate. However with all the max dpsing going on now and toons geared up the wahzoo being at the top of the mobs hate list doesnt mean youll will stay there long. This is why nowadays if you dont follow goad up with more hate generation it seems to not work.

Goad was made pre super nuke fights. With the current fight mechanics and players dps ability goad is in danger of becoming "broke" for lack of a better way to put it. Simple fix would be for funcom to add more of a threshold to goad so that it puts you at top of hate and then some.

Just my opinion.
    I dont agree with that. Lets not give more power to Goad, its been ruining fun tanking since 2008. As it is right now I kinda like how you need to use aggrotools along with it.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

24 people in raid do various stuff,threat threshold kind of different in many raid bosses(my belief) ,TIME-INTERVALS boss check aggro list(very important and again varies my belief),latency issues and you can safely say raid situation is not safe ground to make assumption for goad.
    Last edited by sardanapal; 11th July 2014 at 21:04.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Goad does what it say, gives you the same level of aggro as the one that has the highest at the time.

It works this way and is completly predictable.

tomhets claims can easy be disproven by going to onyx, have a tank do about 50% damage to one mob then goad, then have a dps fire everything he got and observe no reset in play.
    I'm expecting a new video in your youtube channel soon
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

As far as I understand, Goad puts you on the aggro level (or maybe the same + 1) than the current aggro holder. Apart from that, nothing happens, esp. no reset. Else, it would be a complete aggro wipe and damage dealers would often draw aggro immediately after using Goad - doesn't happen, though. The aggro positions besides yours and the current aggro holder are untouched.

Usage:

Goad + Irritate = Aggro (most of the time).
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Goad does NOT reser aggro, like Most here already Said
    the onyx tests we did show conclusively it doesnt reset agro, merely gives and added hate edge to user of goad, if prior agro holder keeps hitting he gets it back easily.
    but this is not in anyway a good simulation of what happens in raids, with people dps'ing from start and multiple tanks fighting for agro.

too many times on my necro passing over 1800 dps witnessed a random goad and grabed agro by doing chill pb detonation+instant icestrike.

too many times i saw in pug raids random nab uses goad and maintank doesnt do burst agro and some dps class who did high burst in the seconds following goad and he pulled agro.

so many times in diferent bosses someone uses a goad i just do brust agro and get agro back from someone else's goad.

simply you cant replicate this i seen so many times in raids and some 6man's by testing this in onyx as you saw 4 guards doing just white hits on the mobs and they just die.

you simply cant just goad, you need to goad+burst hate else someone else will have agro.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

That's because you don't manage your aggro. When tanks are switching aggro, DPS must restrain their damage dealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    That's because you don't manage your aggro. When tanks are switching aggro, DPS must restrain their damage dealing.
    using goad randomly is an issue sometimes, but when i play with decent tanks or better players then me i never need to use it, agro swapping is fluid and happens when agro holder gets half health by burst agro without ever resorting to goad/fe, and that is how tanks should tank no nab shadows rotating tanking for them or shouting for dps to hold back.

goad is an emergency tool not something to be spammed everytime its off cooldown.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast