Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age of Conan Player Population Issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Following your "inside information" Funcom should of all companies know that waiting for people to move on is an exercise in futility.
    As I don't like calling AoC dead game, since it was very long more about what players want to play than what Funcom's doing but it's not any secret inside information any more. Funcom CEO in some business interview half year ago admitted they are going to milk AoC as long as possible without serious investments.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    As I don't like calling AoC dead game, since it was very long more about what players want to play than what Funcom's doing but it's not any secret inside information any more. Funcom CEO in some business interview half year ago admitted they are going to milk AoC as long as possible without serious investments.
    Well.. It's pretty much information very available to all the playerbase.

We all know current game status, from different point of views:

- servers status (number, physical location, average latency from different locations etc)
    - developer approximatif team size and working methods
    - planned updates

So we pretty much know what expectations are and are not reasonable for the future.

AoC is not dead, but it's a game without any planned big and strstegic investment from its company.
    So we can't expect any new big expansion pack Kithai like, as well as any completely new content in the short term and probably even in long term (will we really ever see Palace of Cetriss? Or just new unchained versions of existing raids with recycled graphics?).

Since we are pretty well informed about all of this, it's just up to the playerbase to decide if to invest private time to play this game.

Reply is very personal.

We can just add that, since no big marketing investment seems planned aswell, we cannot reasonably expect a growthing trend for population (which btw would not be possible in any case, since Funcom has not the necessary technical resources to support a new mass sell of AoC imo).

Most probably the opposite.. slowly declining population (call it "death" if you want).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 17th July 2014 at 11:11.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    PS: One thing is for sure,i'm not playing aoc ever again.retired ftw. :P
    Havent you just recently applied to Destiny so you can actively raid? Make up your mind dude :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    It dosnt take that long, especially now with pvp events which gives crazy xp.

My necro is pvp9 + 40% after 6-7 months, and Iam casual.
    Iam not doing pve though.
    Very true. I went from 9 to 10 by 2 festival weeks (no lifing thought, but that gives an idea).
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Very true. I went from 9 to 10 by 2 festival weeks (no lifing thought, but that gives an idea).
    Very true... for an old vet point of view. I'm sorry but compared to the others games, the pvp grind is still wrong. Especially from a new player perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Well.. It's pretty much information very available to all the playerbase.

We all know current game status, from different point of views:

- servers status (number, physical location, average latency from different locations etc)
    - developer approximatif team size and working methods
    - planned updates

So we pretty much know what expectations are and are not reasonable for the future.

AoC is not dead, but it's a game without any planned big and strstegic investment from its company.
    So we can't expect any new big expansion pack Kithai like, as well as any completely new content in the short term and probably even in long term (will we really ever see Palace of Cetriss? Or just new unchained versions of existing raids with recycled graphics?).

Since we are pretty well informed about all of this, it's just up to the playerbase to decide if to invest private time to play this game.

Reply is very personal.

We can just add that, since no big marketing investment seems planned aswell, we cannot reasonably expect a growthing trend for population (which btw would not be possible in any case, since Funcom has not the necessary technical resources to support a new mass sell of AoC imo).

Most probably the opposite.. slowly declining population (call it "death" if you want).
    It seems to me that Aoc (Pve wise) is now and will be a Raid logging game for a lot of people, which is sad.

I mean, there are no new zones with insane gear requirement for just surviving on the horizon.
    But more group instances and since loot is the nr1 reason for many players and Raid instances always gives the best, we will continue to have a lot of raidloggers and future 6 man's will likely just be popular for a couple of months

Pvp wise I have no idea as I don't pvp much in Aoc. I will leave that speculation to the Pvp enthusiasts.

Ps. As for crafting revamp it could be better than the current one, but then again, what crafted items do we really need. Again Raid items are the best (with a few exceptions).
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 17th July 2014 at 23:01.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Havent you just recently applied to Destiny so you can actively raid? Make up your mind dude :P
    stalker alert! LOL

This only shows how the game is dead,everyone knows what happen in game...50 year old vets playing the game...and running "around in circles" looool

Btw...i'm not a raid logger...i'm an hardcore player which was playing a dead game with no hardcore players (AOC)
    stupid me... /facepalm... never again :/
    hint: the problem was never doing or not raids...the rest i leave at your imagination...so i prefer to say "the game is dead",hence it lacks too many stuff that i won't mention.
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 23rd July 2014 at 14:04.

We can only pray that Age of Conan MMORPG greatly improves in every aspect of the game in the coming future folks!, Age of Conan should get more players / subscribers than The Elder Scrolls Online currently gets, just saying folks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12