Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] Are you happy about "energy 4 sprint?"

Imagine u're a knight surrounded by enemies , u need to regroup close to your allies uphill , so u run there followed by ur rivals . You reach ur allies and then .. wtf ,. u cant lift your sword up and fight ... you wonder why ... sword is there , hands are still there , wtf...
    That's how it felt when stamina was sprinting resource
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

I loved stamina management for example on guard (have enough stam for sprint/bubble, use the drains etc) but it wasn't perfect across the board and the current mechanics make the game quite a bit faster (which I like). But overall I would have preferred to keep the old mechanics with some tweaks. Or to at least revamp stamina-related abilities/feats accordingly...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I loved stamina management for example on guard (have enough stam for sprint/bubble, use the drains etc) but it wasn't perfect across the board and the current mechanics make the game quite a bit faster (which I like). But overall I would have preferred to keep the old mechanics with some tweaks. Or to at least revamp stamina-related abilities/feats accordingly...
    resonable Shai is reasonable
    Have a wonderfull summer Louis , cu in AoC when september arrives. Long time since i loged , so i felt like reminding u that ure MVP

Best wishes from Athens , free camping awaits !
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

What I don't get...OP, why do you ask for oppinions, and when you get them you just ignor them and ask in the suggestion thread to revert the sprint revamp?

You did read the posts here in your thread?

There are round about:
    9 posts that state the energy sprint thing is good, or at last the old system was even worse
    7 posts that state energy for sprint is not good, but the stamina sprint system would need from a total revamp itself to at last major tweaks
    3 state that they absolutly think it should be reverted to the old system

So, what makes you think that most of the players back up your suggestion?

Energy is good. Sprint is great. Infinite stamina is horribad.

In theory, the sprint revamp was a great idea:

* The old system gave rise to unnecessary complexity on the design side (as opposed to on the player's side) which made balancing more difficult.

* Energy management is potentially more relevant than old stamina management, since you can't just quaff a potion every minute and be (more or less) alright.

* Energy means that the punishment for overzealous playing is now equal between classes - it only reduces mobility, but does not prevent you from using abilities/spells.

That said, the execution is somewhat lackluster on a number of counts:

* Lack of energy management: too many drains and regens (Predatory Instincts anyone?) have not been changed after the energy revamp. Also, where abilities have been changed, their impact does not feel as significant as it used to.

* Lack of stamina management: I'd prefer them making energy management more relevant, to changes to stamina. But maybe it could be made a bit more relevant again.

* Balancing: There is very little logic to the way FC allocated stamina pools and regeneration. Balancing by archetype is downright silly when you look at sin and barb vs ranger, HoX vs demo and necro, or BS and ToS vs PoM. And you can also argue about balancing between archetypes (plenty of threads on these forums about tanks and sprinting...).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    resonable Shai is reasonable
    Have a wonderfull summer Louis , cu in AoC when september arrives. Long time since i loged , so i felt like reminding u that ure MVP

Best wishes from Athens , free camping awaits !
    Likewise from France working summer for me but I'm not complaining^^.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

[nope]
    I've used to play as avatar hox with demonic fortitude the bonus stamina gave me advantage against otherclasses.. now it's useless.
    Guardian disable combo is useless aswell..
    and anyway everyone now just runing like idiots.. it was way better before

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Energy is good. Sprint is great. Infinite stamina is horribad.
    I think something like that. But ranger drain trap for almost free on the end tree everybody use should be fixed.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

The problem, and I've written more comprehensive posts about this in the past, is that Stamina was critically tied to movement for ALL classes and critically tied to combat ability for only melee classes.

Casters of all types should expend both mana and stamina in order to cast spells. In essence the character has to have mana to cast a spell, but also enough physical energy in order to channel the mana through them to cast the spell.

This also ties in with the fact that casters always should have had to use combos to cast spells. Every spell should have had a physical component tied to it such as waving their arms in a certain manner or drawing sigils in the air which would have required correct combos.

For Necromancers specifically, due to the fact that they can use pets for a majority of their damage, they should incur a penalty against their stamina and mana pool for each pet they raise. Essentially keeping an undead zombie ambulatory requires both mana and a certain amount of physical drain.

There were so many better ways to fix this problem, unfortunately game designers have to listen to idiots wearing suits rather than people with an ounce of creativity... like myself!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast