Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jumping!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    also you should not be allowed to move while in combat its stupid.

some classes can move faster and can get behind you and move around so its impossible to hit them.

when someone hits someone else both players should be rooted to the ground until one dies.
    Being able to move in combat is a major facet of the combat model AoC uses. It is also more realistic.

Further, it could be exploited. You could have some character who can take hits get into melee with a critter who then becomes rooted in place. Then, others could safely make ranged attacks with no worries of the defender choosing to switch to one of them.

Ckrismer and aramtur seem to be immune to your sarcasm jich...

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Dude you might as well suggest that it should cost energy while walking ? Am sorry this is very not smart idea. Why do you want limit how much you jump. Please dont make this suggestions I dont see how is that an issue why dont you jump yourself too. . Why make it dull and stationary combat. This game is not about face to face who ever burns other target faster. Its about movement and jumping involves movement.
    I think it's not a bad idea at all. There's too much jumping around involved and it makes classes like barb impossible to hit, depending on their connection.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

You are all dumb

10char
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I think it's not a bad idea at all. There's too much jumping around involved and it makes classes like barb impossible to hit, depending on their connection.
    How come I dont have an issue with jumpers. Just saying

To make it a little more realistic, they should only add some chance to have a miss after a jump.

It's not really jumping that makes barbs hard to hit... it's the constant +20% speed buff + high ping. Though not a fan of bunny hoping i don't find it that troubling. Whilst in jump your landing coordinates are fixed. Only bothering part is with Combo Jump since it disguise a little animations.

And for keyboard turners as myself, jumping is the only way to insure decent enough rotation movement.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12