Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on pvp as a demo vs other classes ?

Quote Originally Posted by azriel323 View Post
    staying behind your team does not work with me majority of the time. they just break through and gun to destroy me. Lately ive just been looking for hard to spot angles and using shock strike so it comes from the sky with out the FoG leading a stream of fire back to me . also needing to run from everything just turning my way because i don't want to take the chance.

communication with others in a mini game is like planar shift. you cant rely on it.
    I know it doesn't work,when someone pass ur team to kill u...then your team is playing bad,which means they are probably focusing the tanks...instead of the other clothies like sin that pass trough to oneshot u....but well...normal..people in AoC don't have any idea about pvp...since they only played AoC. A good tip,people should play LoL,Dota since there is roles like support,adc,tank,ot...and so on there,bla bla bla......and then they would get an idea on what to do in pvp.Problem in AoC is Funcom mostly...every class in pvp is a dps class...just look at dts and conqs lol
    Either way i lost my hope for AoC for good...have fun
    peace
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 8th July 2014 at 14:29.

communication with others in a mini game is like planar shift. you cant rely on it.
    you made me rofl , so true most of the times!
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Planar shift works best in 1on1 vs necro and demo. Its totally useless when you get raped by a whole team.

Was a lot more balanced when there was no Energy Bar. Melees had their on the move combo's, but couldn't run across the map landing them without running out of endurance to fire them off. Now you never have time to cast usually and have to rely on the instant cast attacks in between CC's. Fair trade would be to cut all the cast times in half since you will not shake any melee attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    Was a lot more balanced when there was no Energy Bar. Melees had their on the move combo's, but couldn't run across the map landing them without running out of endurance to fire them off. Now you never have time to cast usually and have to rely on the instant cast attacks in between CC's. Fair trade would be to cut all the cast times in half since you will not shake any melee attack.
    I don't agree. You have range so the investment should be greater. The only thing they need to look at is making stamina equal to mana as something to be watched as a resource. It's very eat to be drained or run out of mana in PvP, with stamina it's next to impossible to ever run out. Its not been an equal resource since the Sprint revamp. Also, they should look at shortening the range of ranged ccs but slightly decrease the cast time.
    Doomsayer 2008

Demo is probably the easiest class to do well on with little to no experience in mini games, but thats not why i prefer playing it. Its also a very mobile and dynamic class that allows you to move around and get insta-casts off fast, alot of other classes have long cast bars and long combos which turn me off from using them in pvp. No other class has as many insta and .3 sec or less casts at its disposal and that makes the class fun to me. Its not fair to compare Demo with other classes because it all comes down to skill and reaction timing in the end.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 28th August 2015 at 08:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Demo is probably the easiest class to do well on with little to no experience in mini games, but thats now why i prefer playing it. Its also a very mobile and dynamic class that allows you to move around and get insta-casts off fast, alot of other classes have long cast bars and long combos which turn me off from using them in pvp. No other class has as many insta and .3 sec or less casts at its disposal and that makes the class fun to me. Its not fair to compare Demo with other classes because it all comes down to skill and reaction timing in the end.
    I'm not sure that's true entirely. You might see some t4 geared heavy AA demos that get some kills, but once they get pushed they die instantly. These players have little in terms of coordination and movement, they just have geared toons which are doing an extreme amount of damage that can earn them kills when no one pays them any attention.

On the other hand, you have low to moderate AA demos in either t1 store bought pvp armor or a mix of some K6 or other armor less than t4. These demo have the same movement of the above group of players, but get next to no kills nor do much damage.

One has to have some sense of positioning and situational awareness to do well on any clothie, so just playing the class with no experience in minis isn't really enough to do well with. The only class that one can really do that with is the ranger, and again, it's the geared but unskilled players that still can do well even in that situation, even playing a ranger.

AA and Gear beats out skill for some classes, mainly ranged classes. Now get someone with some sense playing a demo, yeah, then it's easy to do well with minimal AA or gear. It's the same for a Ranger, or Necro. You have to have some experience and knowledge to consistently do well. And that's pretty much true for any class, in varying degrees.
    Last edited by Suctum; 28th August 2015 at 07:01.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    AA and Gear beats out skill for some classes, mainly ranged classes.
    This, today gear is everything, sad but true. You can get t3 pvp and good chance to be happy with any class, with no gear you will have great disadvantages no matter what class you play. After late changes in pvp, gear is way more relevant thing than skill.

Demo is perfect example of glass cannon nowdays, it can faceroll if good geared like t3 pvp set, but dies like a fly if doing a mistake or two versus competent enemy.

When i rolled new demo on Fury, I had negative kd before I reached pvp 5. For me that shows well how gear dependant game turned to be.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I don't agree. You have range so the investment should be greater. The only thing they need to look at is making stamina equal to mana as something to be watched as a resource. It's very eat to be drained or run out of mana in PvP, with stamina it's next to impossible to ever run out. Its not been an equal resource since the Sprint revamp. Also, they should look at shortening the range of ranged ccs but slightly decrease the cast time.
    No, all they do now is charge or sprint in and sprint around you in a circle so you can't cast, dropping a CC, then combo, combo, your dead. Used to be that much sprinting drained your endurance so you wouldn't be getting any combos off if you tried that. As a melee you had to make a correctly executed attack, now it's just circle-sprint till dead. It's B S.

Demo is one of the easiest classes actually .
    You can take on any other class easily .
    Except you are a living straw man of course
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast