Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on pvp as a demo vs other classes ?

Post What are your thoughts on pvp as a demo vs other classes ?

Hello everyone,

I would like to see what other demo players feel about their class in pvp. but first here is my opinion on the matter. I love the pvp in this game. But I can't shake the feeling that us demo do not measure up compare to other classes.

being a cloth wearer makes us really squishy in PvP. We are always the focus target. with one spell to protect us (planar shift) that have a 5 minute cool down. that gives you a 35% chance to evade all forms of attack. where as other classes have 100% resist to our damage(spells).

comparing to a soldier class: they have so much damage and so much defense. no draw backs and are able to dominate and face tank every class with no real weakness.

For us. Assassins are made to destroy us. with 100% spell resistance when they get critically hit. needless to say 8 times out of 10 they well win vs a demo with their own CC and insane burst. Other rogues like rangers are pretty ridiculous with their high damage in medium armor. and their big hitters out range all of our CCs, so we actually have to get closer to them if we want to go toe to toe with rangers.

healers can silence us and resist our spells while healing themselves and having the same amount of dmg as us demo...

on the up side we get quite a few CC's 2 stuns, 2 knock backs, 2 slows and 2 roots. But I do not feel that crowd control is enough to justify the lack of survivability we have. when we are always relentlessly being targeted in random mini games. and our damage buff can literately kill, making it discouraging to use in mini games.

Every class can do decent damage in this game in pvp. But why wear cloth and do it? what sets us apart form the rest of the damage dealers? I'm speaking in terms of pvp. Which i feel that this game is big on.

I am curious as to know what other demo pvpers think about this situation.

hate the class? make a different class

demo is very strong, good cc, lots of damage on the move, a kiting beast and good aoes

tip- if every class had the same things, there would only be 1 class.

Demo is insanely strong that's why you are focused first cause if your left you will kill everyone easily.

You have an array of installation cast hard hitting spells and with your cc's you can kite and kill very easily so demo is not a class that needs any improvement in pvp.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Demo is very strong in PvP.

Yes you can die fast, and stay alive is the hard part of the class gameplay (since kill is very easy), but that's the right balance cor the lot of CCs, ranged DPS, AoE, speedburst etc.

You fail if you think that gear should save you on demo.
    Position, movement, CCs, speedbuff. These are your survival tools.
    Planar Shift is a nice tool aswell, but comes after all those, since it's not so reliable and available, as you pointed out.

I haven't been playing demo much last months (I stopped cause gameplay was becoming pretty dull in long term to me, and honestly too simple too), and maybe after recent gear revamp playing demo has become a bit harder (every class now has a lot more protection).
    But I don't really think demo needs any buff.

Other classes though (ranger mostly) need some tune down adjustment.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 6th July 2014 at 11:23.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

i agree with the other 2 who replied
    BUT before you pvp get khitai gear at least or get ganked to hell until you are pvp4 to buy the pvpt1 gear . If you still fail get a necro
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I do agree with the whole kitting ability we have because of our instant cast and CCs. but if a entire group comes at you and knocks you down it pretty much over lol. most of the time it a charge then a knock back and back to the rez pad i go again.

I like being a demo. but being auto focused charged by the whole team is frustrating. and having a defensive spell that last for 8 seconds (planar shift) on a 5 minute CD is pretty long considering you well go down in seconds being a cloth. it requires more awareness and alertness then most class. it why the population is not casters lol. does who do range are rangers with medium armor that out range most of our spells if not all. and the smarter ones in pvp would keep their distant from you.

and i well not switch to another class because i feel they are stronger in parts that demo are not. i like playing casters and i well not be anything else as a main. it just not fun being focused while not more then a 5 minute cool down spell that maybe works.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    If you still fail get a necro
    Necro seems a bit too easy considering they can just roll out their 40 second DoT and hide in a corner to go in to spell weave and make it all do crits and max dmg.

I like being able to cast and run...this might seem silly but i was thinking about casting while running. things like fire of gehenna and shockstrikes. you still have the cast time but you can move while doing it? being how our cast bar gets delayed if we get hit by melee and all...just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by azriel323 View Post
    Necro seems a bit too easy considering they can just roll out their 40 second DoT and hide in a corner to go in to spell weave and make it all do crits and max dmg.

I like being able to cast and run...this might seem silly but i was thinking about casting while running. things like fire of gehenna and shockstrikes. you still have the cast time but you can move while doing it? being how our cast bar gets delayed if we get hit by melee and all...just an idea.
    You can use insta casts while moving (shock, hellfire stream, and even shocklance with 5x stack; bindings of the skylord technically is not instant - it's 0,3 sec - but still a small break)
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    You can use insta casts while moving (shock, hellfire stream, and even shocklance with 5x stack; bindings of the skylord technically is not instant - it's 0,3 sec - but still a small break)
    Yes the instant is great you tap while on the go. but soon as they are gone you have to wait for hell fire stream to come off cool down (3 seconds) during that 3 second window. if the target is immune to CC you can cast a shock strike while on the go. it hits twice as hard and takes 2.5sec to cast. fills up that gap nicely.

and since melee can execute their combo on the go why not casters ? but this is just a theory. which would not really help me survive any better in a group focus...which is what my challenge lays at the moment. i can positioning myself pretty well but their charge close the gab between us with ease. and if i am too far from my team they well not see what goes on that far behind them or on top of them.
    Last edited by azriel323; 6th July 2014 at 12:50.

Demo's own in pvp and they are easy to play.
    I feel your pain about being focused. I'm playing a hox and die easily right now.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast