Thread: One character has less FPS than the others.

Default One character has less FPS than the others.

This is most noticeable when im fighting WB.
    My main character (conq) has far less FPS than my other toons, they have exactly the same video options and even then i fall under 5fps with him, when with the other im around 20 (vs a WB with no particles enabled)

funny thing is that, even when i put low video settings for this character, the fps stays the same... there is no impact to de fps at all even with the lowest graphics.

i apologize for my english.
    meh...

It depends on lots of things. Numbers between bosses change. The amount of melee necro pets between bosses change. Where you fight the boss - I find if in an area that's walled off, and view distance isn't an issue, it's better.

Khopshef does seem generally more laggy though.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Thanks for replying, but is not only with this boss... all the others had the same issue.
    is my main character and i've played with him a lot more than the others.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    It depends on lots of things. Numbers between bosses change. The amount of melee necro pets between bosses change. Where you fight the boss - I find if in an area that's walled off, and view distance isn't an issue, it's better.

Khopshef does seem generally more laggy though.
    I'm not surprised at random things like this. You should see the differance with bug's and issues between my main account from 2008, and a new account I made 'only' two years ago. The amount of BS you have to go through with resetting chat tabs, alignment of UI elements, ridiculous account-based latency spikes; I can have 4 clients open at once, and no matter which game client I am on, that specific 2008 account will randomly red-line while the other three happily stay green.

I gave up giving a *bleep* years ago and blamed all the server merge's, solar flares and Chinese for the problems =D

Unhappy

so... there are no way to fix this?
    meh...

the one character that has less FPS probably has vicinity player names, or vicinity pet names enabled. This dramatically slows down your FPS due to problems with the Dreamworld Engine and player labels that Age of Conan uses.

Here is my fix:

before or during the world boss fight paste these lines one by one into your chat window:

/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerNames false
    /setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails false
    /setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar false
    /setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel false
    /setoption ShowAllPets false

When you are done, you can set any one of those back to true.

Alternatively, just download my script which does exactly this then simply type /fps.txt in your chat window. A window will appear allowing you to choose which effects you'd like to turn off and on.

You'll have to save this file in the Age Of Conan\scripts folder.
    (right click save file as this link below)

http://software.requiemnex.com/scripts/fps.txt
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 15th July 2014 at 10:08.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly