Thread: AoC is freezing my computer

Default AoC is freezing my computer

Hello everyone!

Here is my problem, maybe someone can help.

Until today afternoon the game was working absolutely fine. Then everything started with an "unable to find Local Config.xml file" error and the the game refused to start. After checking the forums i was able to find a solution and then the patcher did the rest of it making the game able to launch.

Well it seems to work fine again but now AoC is freezing every 2-3 minutes for cca 10-20 sec then is recovering and then freezing again after few minutes and so on, rince and repeat. During this freezing time my whole computer is also frozen and even 'ctrl-alt-del' is not working. I have to mention that there is now LAG at all, my latency time being less than 200 ms, also i'm using the Dx9 client.

I thought maybe the graphic driver is faulty so i unistall it and reinstalled the latest version from AMD website. In vain as the problem persist!

What should i do please, because the game became almost unplayable. Should i re-download the whole game again? Of course i can do it but it would be a pain...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI my PC configuration is:

CPU: Intel dual-core 2.80 Ghz
    GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 7750, 1 Gb GDDR 5
    RAM: 4 Gb DDR 2
    SO: Windows 7 32bit

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds like a power supply issue with freezing locking up, possibly could be overheating also. Try another game or program that stresses the hardware.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

motherboard/cpu and ram need replacing

had to do the same myself not long ago, my specs where about the same as yours.

Spent about $500 on those 3 items and running it good as gold

Check if you got anything else stressing the harddisk that you play Age of Conan from. I have seen earlier when downloading from Usenet or massive amounts of torrents to the same harddrive that the game will be stuttering and the drive can't shuffle the data in time it is downloaded. This will of course also have impact on reading performance.

I have no belief that it is motherboard/cpu/ram that is the issue, if that, you would have a more persistent fault and not one that comes and goes like you experience. With a Power Supply you would have bluescreens and sudden reboots.

I would re-download AOC just to be sure
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Check if you got anything else stressing the harddisk that you play Age of Conan from. I have seen earlier when downloading from Usenet or massive amounts of torrents to the same harddrive that the game will be stuttering and the drive can't shuffle the data in time it is downloaded. This will of course also have impact on reading performance.

I have no belief that it is motherboard/cpu/ram that is the issue, if that, you would have a more persistent fault and not one that comes and goes like you experience. With a Power Supply you would have bluescreens and sudden reboots.
    Obviously were all guessing as were not there and rather limited information. Lol
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Yes of course. But a fried CPU or faulty RAM should have more impact already at boot of a computer.