Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Thanks to all for your answers. I use a similar build for 6men dungeons but in raids... the increase on dps don't worth losing the Dread shadow imo. we use dreadshadow in most of t3 and t4 bosses

If my RL let me tank the Zodiac someday, I'll try it your way. I'm not sure that works for me I like to change agro when I've lost 25% of my health. I'm easy to scare. . If I die I'll blame you all.
    Dread Shadow is still a great tool in many raid fights, though on T3 you don't really need it that much imo. It's useful on Toth Amon and Louhi, and eventually nothing else imo.
    Gyas and Arbanus are "broken", they take way more magic damage than normal (because they probably have no protection, like trash mobs), and thus Tali Tanking works really fine.
    Especially Gyas can be solo tanked by a Tali DT quite easily. Arbanus is harder to solo tank (need good raid DPS and good heals), but if you have 2-3 tali DT to switch aggro works perfect.
    Hator-Ka and 3 brothers can be tanked with Tali spec aswell (Wyrm tali is really nice to have for magic bosses).

In T4 imo DS is nice to have on General, Emperor and Strom.
    I never tanked projections, but probably on those aswell.
    But Basilisk, Imp, Zodiac, Emperor Golems (these suffer shitloads of magic damage.. try) and rest of Memory Cloud bosses tali tanking works fine.

For some stuff, if you are scared of full Desacration build try something like this: http://goo.gl/gLB5pj
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Easy way to try out solotanking Arbanus is get a Bear Shaman with Sleuth of Bears. That additional healing lasts so long boss will be dead almost by the time they disappear.

Additional tip is, go frenzy when boss casts Blood Draw to lifetap harder, then be quick on the defensive when cast is near an end. Same goes for Zodiac when he casts meteor.

All dps can go absolutely ham with tali dt tanking.

With gear you can use 3x tali DTs on archfiend of gore in t3.5 if you want like adrenaline tanking. One of the more fun things I did in raid for quite some time was that.

Mythical dt is real, but you need to work for it. Why settle for average?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Why settle for average?
    Why? Because its a selfish thing to do. Especially on the Archfiend only 4 tanks are having fun and the rest of the raid is picking their noses and waiting for you to wipe the whole raid because you want to have fun?
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Dps don't need to hold back at all, so you can kill boss incredibly fast. Not selfish, just high-risk, high-reward tactic.
    So if your DTs got crisp play and your raid can provide the dps... Won't be much wiping.

Ps.
    A stacked melee group with dt benefits all melee users in group. There is nothing selfish here.
    So revolving weapon damage % buffs around dt... It doesnt hurt the conq, the bs, the guard, the barb. These classes become more amazing too.
    Only demo will loose tos/necro buffs which isn't that great of a loss, though in some encounters will prove prominent, so you can adjust there.

If you don't like making your raid (and dt) awesome I guess your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    the increase on dps don't worth losing the Dread shadow imo. we use dreadshadow in most of t3 and t4 bosses
    that is fail.
    like other pointed out ds is just better for toth+louhi, also in t4 general-strom-emperor(if tanking boss)
    everywhere else tali is better, i use something similar to korando's build.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Easy to forget but the DS also debuffs the mobs and bosses making your unholy procs hit harder.

Blood Pact? Yeah great IF the combo crits. If not, gratz you healed 900hp.

About solotanking Gyas, I got no idea how you survive Butcher and follow up hits.. First phase, he hits really hard imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    About solotanking Gyas, I got no idea how you survive Butcher and follow up hits.. First phase, he hits really hard imo.
    first phase try position so no one is with you directly in front of boss, i believe damage on butcher relates to amount of people in front, main reason for that theory is realy my xp tanking and just how hard he hits if someone pulls agro and hits person who pulled behind and does massive cone atack seemingly based amount of people in front.
    best way to tank it is with 2-3 tanks max in front of boss with each not overlapping each other.
    having 1 tos with fangs of set realy helps for first phase .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Use a build like the first one I posted on this thread (the one with only 5 points in depravity) and a good setup with DPS gear which keeps you just at 53% mitigation, more is a waste of Magic Damage.
    When I tried I think I used Coils legs and unchained DPS helm (I don't have T4 DPS set, only Fearless one on DT), T4 wisdom cloack and 1 wisdom ring, fearless chest etc.

And yes it was pretty easy doable.

You underestimate how much you can tap on that boss.
    It gets craploads of magic damage.

Fun that if you don't "risk" with DPS gear and setup, you actually risk way much more, because you tap a lot less .
    Playing turtle will not do the job.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 8th July 2014 at 15:46.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    first phase try position so no one is with you directly in front of boss, i believe damage on butcher relates to amount of people in front
    Yeah, that could be.. We're usually stacking tanks for that fight, maybe as many as 5 in front. Getting double hit of 4k (8k total) with 58% mitigation that ain't fun. ^^

Yeah, that could be.. We're usually stacking tanks for that fight, maybe as many as 5 in front. Getting double hit of 4k (8k total) with 58% mitigation that ain't fun. ^^
    5 are way too many tanks, only need 3, otherwise you will kill yourselves with butcher.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast