Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

@Xiulo: there is no "mytical DT" but yes, DT is a bit over the top in many fights, since it can be on the top side of the DPS parser while maintanking, and that on many fights (no need to talk about broken bosses like Arbanus or Gyas).

Just try to not think it as a competition, but experiment with build and gear setups.
    It's not rocket science, dealing high DPS while tanking on DT is not really difficult.

Try something like this: http://goo.gl/MfKfTx (experiment, and eventually change one point here and there).
    Be sure to refresh Ritualistic Bloodshed on you, and Shadow Hex on your target (they have same cooldown, so eventually bind them together on a macro button).
    Try to exploit a bit shields (ASofF and Dooming Presence have left side finisher) and spam more or less your combos without anything special (just keep taps up).

That's all you need, try this even in HMs, it's really easy to see how DT DPS is over the top while tanking.
    And you can tank 95% of 6men for example in such build (or similar).

The point is that class mechanics with the time (with AA introduction first - VoM - and T4 gear later) have become "exploitable", and imho feat trees are a bit broken aswell.

For example you can have exactly the same survivability (or even more) with a tali instead of a shield, since you can easily meet mitigation thresholds for any current fight in game while holding a tali.

The real trade off is dread shadow by not going far in depravity, otherwise you can stop at Seal of Chaos and mix a build with Soul Barrier, Talisman Mastery and Ritualistic Bloodshed and be a rock while still dealing crapload of DPS.

Well sorry, I wrote stuff that you and almost everyone already knows but I really think that unless beeing blind, is hard to not see how good DT is.

And no, as Skinken wrote you don't need pijama (Scarlet Circle gear should be renamed at this point, since everyone call that set like this.. "Summoner's Pijama of the Emperor Favor".. or something like that) and you don't need wisdom accessories (depending on the fight some wisdom accessorie can improve DPS a bit or more, but Strength works aswell almost everywhere with similar results).

<3 DT

Everyone loves DT
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 7th July 2014 at 15:18.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    ... people is only talking about the Zodiac here. All the QQ about the DT because one boss?
    no.
    most of qq about dt's agro/dps come from ill made bosses wich take double magic damage.
    also most qq about dt's come from players who main guards/conqs and cant compete with dt's agro, wich is only true in bosses wich take double magic damage everywhere else its pretty much l2p issues.
    most i have seen a dt do on arbanus was 2.6k dps, he was full t4 he solotanked it with ease and didnt get blooddraw a single time.
    most i done on gyas was 2.1k but i was spamming blood hex more often then shadow hex pug healers are a pain...
    saw a dt from ronin not tanking just dpsing do 3.1k dps on arbanus...

for example last boss ardashir fort i can do 650-850dps on my guard and easily compete and swap agro with a dt doing 1600-1800dps.
    on conq i can do pretty much same except ill be doing around 800-1000dps while tanking same boss in brute.

roughly dt's dps on tali builds is comparable to a dps class and in most dungeons even when playing with experienced players dt's will do same dps or more then most classes ingame, mainly also due to fact dt's will be dps'ing/tanking continuously while others need to handle other mechanics of encounter, wich also stems more envy from others.

dt's are essencialy broken and despite huge dps capability its totaly luck based and vom/crit rating dependant, utterly unpredictable and unreliable, dont get me wrong i like class but similar to necro&ranger it needs some serious tweaks to improve class and make it less dependant on crit rating+vom.

but main thing to be addressed isnt dt but bosses wich have no magic mitigation.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Everyone loves DT
    yes because class is easy mode when u have enough gear, before vom and aa's was more skill demanding, solo tanking stinky without vom was a lot more demanding with full t2 and no aa's, now u can just tali tank it and top all parses at same time if you have enough gear+aa's.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    yes because class is easy mode when u have enough gear, before vom and aa's was more skill demanding, solo tanking stinky without vom was a lot more demanding with full t2 and no aa's, now u can just tali tank it and top all parses at same time if you have enough gear+aa's.
    Conq is way easier...i mean...when i play with my conq i laugh all the time...crap geared and with 55% mit. and close to 40% prot. in all,more than 20% crit chance,etc...hit rating the same....and with banners active....reach close to 40% crit or more....plus tons of base dps...all this in defense stance ofc...plus on top of it...you only need one hand to play with conq,still is fun as hell cause it makes me laugh like hell while tanking any boss .So conq in my opinion is the the most easy class in the game atm. hahaha bubble bath<3
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 7th July 2014 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Conq is way easier...i mean...when i play with my conq i laugh all the time...crap geared and with 55% mit. ,more than 20% crit chance,etc...hit rating the same....and with banners active....reach close to 40% crit or more....plus tons of base dps...all this in defense stance ofc...plus on top of it...you only need one hand to play with conq,still is fun as hell cause it makes me laugh like hell while tanking any boss .So conq in my opinion is the the most easy class in the game atm. hahaha
    depends, if you play carnage tanking or dps is very dumb easy mode i honestly laugh a bit when people bash casters for being overly easy when carnage conq is way easier or polearm guard too for that matter.

but both sword and shield guard and brute conq are very fun and need lots of attention to continuously watch shields, especialy brute conq i find it rather refreshing to need to swap weapons all the time for bloodbath and throat slash while dual wielding and then swap back to one handed.

but dps on both brute and juggernaut guard isnt way high as dt's are even on normal mitigation bosses dps diference can be as high as 1200.

for example saddur fight on my guard avernal
    http://s13.postimg.org/h1fpqjabb/saddur.jpg
    had agro like first minute of fight then dt's krovac and dearg overwhelmingly toke over agro dps diference is quite distinct between my guard doing 898dps and the dts doing 1600.
    recently managed to do 1000 dps on guard stance swaping but despite doing more dps on that fight i actualy struggle abit to have agro vs dt, first minute or so i have it fine after that only way i can grab it if goading wich obviously ill only use as last resort if agro holder gets very low.
    http://postimg.org/image/6t2zhw7bh/
    should be obvious that one dt krovac doing 2k dpos and the other dt doing 2.1k dps might have interfered slightly on my puny 1000dps on guard.
    its just overpowered in relation to guard/conq agro in some fights, but mostly is overpowered by boss design, in most fights i dont bitch or complain about agro when im on guard or conq.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

depends, if you play carnage tanking or dps is very dumb easy mode i honestly laugh a bit when people bash casters for being overly easy when carnage conq is way easier or polearm guard too for that matter.

but both sword and shield guard and brute conq are very fun and need lots of attention to continuously watch shields, especialy brute conq i find it rather refreshing to need to swap weapons all the time for bloodbath and throat slash while dual wielding and then swap back to one handed.

but dps on both brute and juggernaut guard isnt way high as dt's are even on normal mitigation bosses dps diference can be as high as 1200.

for example saddur fight on my guard avernal
    http://s13.postimg.org/h1fpqjabb/saddur.jpg
    had agro like first minute of fight then dt's krovac and dearg overwhelmingly toke over agro dps diference is quite distinct between my guard doing 898dps and the dts doing 1600.
    recently managed to do 1000 dps on guard stance swaping but despite doing more dps on that fight i actualy struggle abit to have agro vs dt, first minute or so i have it fine after that only way i can grab it if goading wich obviously ill only use as last resort if agro holder gets very low.
    http://postimg.org/image/6t2zhw7bh/
    should be obvious that one dt krovac doing 2k dpos and the other dt doing 2.1k dps might have interfered slightly on my puny 1000dps on guard.
    its just overpowered in relation to guard/conq agro in some fights, but mostly is overpowered by boss design, in most fights i dont bitch or complain about agro when im on guard or conq.
    Yeh,i just hope that dt and conq don't end like guard...cause 3 classes equal to each other is blah....anyway...guards need some love,like shield and pole combos <3 SPARTA ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Yeh,i just hope that dt and conq don't end like guard...cause 3 classes equal to each other is blah....anyway...guards need some love,like shield and pole combos <3 SPARTA ^^
    brute conq is fine in pve right now, needs tweaks in pvp, carnage needs a nerf especialy bladeweave its a joke right now, feint atack needs some added combo steps the kithai rank of it does way too many hits for a 1 step combo, burst of aggression post revamp is just trololololo.

guard needs some dps added to the tactics and maneuvers and to juggernaut end feat, some tweaks to redoubt and lightning reflexes, also tweaks to most aa's they are a joke, apart from counterweight and stall the advance.

spear+shield was used mostly for military formations like hoplites had wich simply dont integrate in aoc the least bit, you cant even make simple shield wall with other players, close combat with spear+shield is retarded any cloth armor enemy would speed kill a hoplite, the strenght of shield+spear lies in group formations.
    would be more reasonable and interesting to add for guardian net+trident
    http://freshgamer.com/wp-content/upl...nd-Trident.png
    then again this would better suited for barbs...

dt needs some deeper fixes:
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...1&postcount=62
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 7th July 2014 at 16:54.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I pretty much agree with every post from you on this thread, apart that I don't know how DT was before VoM, since I play AoC since 2011.

Anyway yes, DT is easy mode when you have gear and AA, but honestly overall the class isn't easier than many other classes.
    Actually imo is more fun to play than many other classes.
    It's just that the outcome you get doing normal suff is a bit overboard.
    Tank and be top DPS at same time in most of 6men looks wrong.

I also agree with you that there is no aggro issue on normal conditions.
    Each tank has its peculiar aggro pro and cons.

What looks wrong is the high amount of DPS a DT can do while tanking.

DT imho would need a full revamp.
    VoM changes on Testlive already looked nice as far as I remember, but feat trees would need a look aswell.

CoI and CoP are next to useless.
    In Depravity Tree below Seal of Chaos the next very useful feat is Dread Shadow.
    Rest is meh or just ok, but no one would go down Depravity just for example for Curse of Gwahlur.
    You get better overall taps from Desacration than Depravity.
    Ritualistic Bloodshed is insane both for its buff and its mechanich.. pushing that button through fights will spread Parkinson disease.

I really like the idea of Tali Tanking, I have spent so much time experimenting on gear and feat setups, and it's really the class I enjoyed the most to finally be able to see work and get some gear.

Buth even though I love the idea of Tali Tanking, since I love the class I admit aswell that Funcom should do something to change the class dull status.
    Actually I see how class was not dull and probably a lot interesting pre VoM and T4 gear.
    There are a lot of sinergies among feats and especially in Depravity.
    The problem is that with VoM and current gear stat numbers (Crit Rating above all, but also the high amount of Armor) class has just become: go full nuke and tap tap tap.. Even if you know class sinergies and use a well tuned rotation it doesn't matter so much, because VoM procs with everything, and those buffs weigth so much more than micromanagement tunings..

Some thoughts:
    * equip a Tali should automatically force to be in Frenzy stance
    * why no Shield Mastery, or some ability and sinergies specifically linked to equiping a Shield?
    * please change RB to some less parkinsonian mechanic
    * bring VoM changes that were initially proposed on TL or something based on similar logic
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 7th July 2014 at 19:09.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

in other words the myt(h)ical dt exists when half of the raid works exclusively for him.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post

Try something like this: http://goo.gl/MfKfTx (experiment, and eventually change one point here and there).
    Thanks to all for your answers. I use a similar build for 6men dungeons but in raids... the increase on dps don't worth losing the Dread shadow imo. we use dreadshadow in most of t3 and t4 bosses

If my RL let me tank the Zodiac someday, I'll try it your way. I'm not sure that works for me I like to change agro when I've lost 25% of my health. I'm easy to scare. . If I die I'll blame you all.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 8th July 2014 at 07:30.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast