Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Just saying that you can not rely on getting that crit when you need it to get full usage of Blood Pact... It is not the same as Last Stand for Guards, or Overcome the Odds for Conquerors which ALWAYS works. There is luck involved, all I am saying... I have solotanked Swelter and Thaw on my DT, but healers got sweaty and I had a Conqueror place the boss and tank until 90%-ish where I took over agro. Shared agro on the two other bosses. Even though it is possible does not mean that I support that way to do it, because Zodiac is an encounter where so many things can go wrong already that there is no need for an extra variable (read: cocky DT solotanking) that can wipe the raid.

My DT is relatively well geared and I have no problems with hit rating. Of course I do combos to the direction where is less shields but sometimes it is not possible due to cooldowns. I would like to see a parse where a DT can regularly do a 2k whitehit...
    DT DPS with the right build and grouping is far less luck based than you describe. It is always high. Ritualistic bloodshed is godly. Even under normal conditions blood pact is a heal and maintain at full spell for its duration, and even more so on zodiac.

As for solo tanking I suppose some clarification is required. There is one DT who takes essentially all the damage but that doesn't mean that this is the only tank. There was always a guardian for enrage phases or if things go wrong, other DTs and even conqs in carnage that can step in if need be. The amount of times a DT would wipe a raid compared to anything else was negligible.

As for having no hit rating issues, a lot of people underestimate what is needed for T4. If you are under 18% you are too low. 20% is a good number

I've been testing what you've said. Only some safe tests, I've tried the build you give me against sadur with full t4 DT, and some HMs with a full kithai DT and I have to say that the selfhealing and the agro are impressive. I have to say I was wrong. Now I'm sure a better player than me can do what you claim you do. I'm sure I'll keep using tali build on Unchaineds but for raids... I don't like it.

Imo fun raids happen when all the players "work" together. Appointing an star tank and push all the other soldiers into the background and make them play as a backups... It doesn't seems fun to me. I think while I can I'll stick to the old tanking way, and change the agro with the other soldiers. I think an agro beast is bad for dps players too. Playing a dps without the need to find the balance between max dps and agro it has to be boring.

See you around and thanks for the lesson.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I've been testing what you've said. Only some safe tests, I've tried the build you give me against sadur with full t4 DT, and some HMs with a full kithai DT and I have to say that the selfhealing and the agro are impressive. I have to say I was wrong. Now I'm sure a better player than me can do what you claim you do. I'm sure I'll keep using tali build on Unchaineds but for raids... I don't like it.

Imo fun raids happen when all the players "work" together. Appointing an star tank and push all the other soldiers into the background and make them play as a backups... It doesn't seems fun to me. I think while I can I'll stick to the old tanking way, and change the agro with the other soldiers. I think an agro beast is bad for dps players too. Playing a dps without the need to find the balance between max dps and agro it has to be boring.

See you around and thanks for the lesson.
    Sorry, I meant Saddur. Strom hits way too hard for that.

It's a double edged sword and VOM should be nerfed, but IMO, a raid is foolish not to take advantage of it unless you want to keep other classes sharp with their tanking. It makes most fights faster and easier. On fights like Zodiac, dps pulling becomes a non-issue, because once you get rolling, only another DT or another tank using goad has a prayer of taking agro.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567