Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Well, why wouldn't be Cetriss also a T5 ?
    There's no such rule as "nope, 3 and a half boss maximum per tier".
    Yeah, to me it sounds like the unchained raids are the first half of T5 and PoC will be the second half. I hope they make some sense of this as far as the narrative is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by cins
    4) So if unchained T1s are becoming T5, what happens to Cetriss? Preparing for T6 already or will it be more dumb **** with fractional tiers?
    by this funcom logic:

unchained t2 become t6
    unchained t3 become t7
    unchained t3.5 become t7.5
    unchained t4 become t8
    unchained of the unchained t1 become t9
    unchained of the unchained t2 become t10

LOL
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 2nd July 2014 at 15:12.

Thumbs up

Imho they can put a stat on t5 gear that give a damage reduction on a specifical damage type who happen only in t5, leaving stats nearly equal to t4 gear.

Can be an idea, btw good work, looking forward to the new unch raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    Imho they can put a stat on t5 gear that give a damage reduction on a specifical damage type who happen only in t5, leaving stats nearly equal to t4 gear.

I say: look what they have done in TSW...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post

Yep, this is what should happen with tanks anyways. Adding armor or protection will do very little due to deminishing returns. T4 soldiers are way past that point already so it would not make sense to add more armor/prot. Unless of course they add ungodly amounts of it which would make the gear very superior in PvP too which is something I doubt they will do.

A flat damage reduction (say 1% on every gearpiece or .5 on a small and 1.5 on a big piece) would be better. Adding high amounts of damage deflection or immunity/evade could be interesting too. I'd like to see what happens in a Full Fearless set with +/- 600 evade/immunity on top.

Anyways, I'm curious how they are gonna deal with this. I'd also like to know what they are gonna do with the critrating. Currently with a 5% pot I'm way past 25% atm which is a bit over the top if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Yep, this is what should happen with tanks anyways. Adding armor or protection will.... CUT the walltext .... which is a bit over the top if you ask me.
    I wrote "a speficical damage who happen ONLY in T5", a new damage type, i dont know, something like "sand of ancients damage" who pop in boss fight and all player get damaged on flat % of toon hp. Having t5 gear on tanks/dps/healers make heals work more easy and error in tactical approach more forgiving.

This is an "original idea" (recycled from GW2 lol), not adding "unholy prot on unholy prot" on tanks.

sorry 4 bad english

whats the point of the pvp streak thing when you are stuck with 5 randoms every mini anyway?

Im getting sick of this coin flip logic.

When can i group with friends in pvp again??

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    whats the point of the pvp streak thing when you are stuck with 5 randoms every mini anyway?

Im getting sick of this coin flip logic.

When can i group with friends in pvp again??
    Last time i did some minis in crom...3 minis or more in a row...all the same people...what to call that? 5 randoms? random premade? ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Why does that matter as long as T5 gear doesn't easily overpower T5 encounters? So what if T5 makes you OP in T2 & T3 raids and regular K6 dungeons? Why would you bother doing T2 and T3 raids on a T5 toon, unless you're just helping a friend?

The gear should fit the tier, not lower levels tiers and dungeons.
    Agreed. Not sure why so many people are concerned about gear better than T4. Gear escalation is what happens in every MMO that I can think of. T1<T2<T3<T3.5<T4<T5, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Agreed. Not sure why so many people are concerned about gear better than T4. Gear escalation is what happens in every MMO that I can think of. T1<T2<T3<T3.5<T4<T5, simple.
    I think people are more concerned of things going back like it was before the previous pvp patch where it balanced the gear...so if t5 gear is OP...pvp gear will become useless again

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast