Thread: Subscription offer: came too early for annivesary

Default Subscription offer: came too early for annivesary

So our 'anniversary' subscription offer was released in April, not May. Personally I thought that there would be an 'official anniversary' subscription offer in the actually anniversary month so I did not take the offer. The ring was nice but I did not want to have to pick out which character got the ring, so I waited.

Now it turns out (from emails to customer service) that the subscription offer was made a month early for the 'anniversary'.

So I am posting to ask Funcom: please give us another offer or even repeat the April 'anniversary' one. You put in new pvp things, world boss is in, working on new content and it would be a good time to give subscription incentives.

Thank you.

p.s. right now I used my last game card and am paid up til mid August but I hope something comes up before then. Usually I have subbed up months in advance but there haven't been too many special offers lately (got the shemite stallion last time).

Yeah, got caught in that same spot as you. My sub ran out, so I had to renew it anyway.

I am subbed til end of august because i forget to cancel. I really wasnt enjoying the game much. Ive got into it a but more lately and if there was a sub offer i would resub. As it is i just dont know.

Six Months of Membership
    Buy or extend your Membership by six months and get two extra months for free and your choice between two mighty rings. Chose either Asura's Loop of Augmented Advancement, which offers a 25% boost to your AA XP gain, or Jhil's Clasp of Eternal Bloodshed which boosts your PvP and Prowess XP gain by 25%!

Asura's Loop of Augmented Advancement Jhil's Clasp of Eternal Bloodshed

Twelve Months of Membership
    Buy or extend your Membership by twelve months and get four extra months for free and your choice between two mighty rings. Chose either Dagon's Band of Augmented Advancement, which offers a 50% boost to your AA XP gain, or Kali's Band of Eternal Bloodshed which boosts your PvP and Prowess XP gain by 50%!

Dagon's Band of Augmented Advancement Kali's Band of Eternal Bloodshed

Click here to take advantage of these great Membership offers now!
    The Thrice Drowned Invades!
    Play now to battle an all new world boss in the next chapter of the Twelve Portents event. The monstrous Thrice Drowned queen has invaded Thunder River and is wreaking havoc across the land. This event starts today and lasts until Tuesday the 8th of April.

__________________________________________________ __________

So the 'anniversary offer' ended in the beginning of April, not even towards the end. I was told when I emailed Funcom that the above offer was their 'anniversary' sub offer...even though the anniversary is in May and was not labeled as being 'anniversary offer'.

After August I may just sub on month to month basis, or no more than three month as I like the big sub offers. One ring per account wasn't interesting enough for me but if I had known that was all we would get I likely would have done it anyway.

I believe theyre still kicking themselves over last years offer of time and a half. I agree with you. I wish they had a better offer, but let's be honest- they're trying to make money. While I think they'd make more in the long run by having great sub offers like last year, they're trying to get people as they need them. We probably won't be seeing another sub offer like last year until a bunch of people go F2P. For what it's worth, I intend to, so hopefully I'll be part of the solution.