Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's the Next New MMO?

Next MMO would be : "Age of Conan 2 : The Return"

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I doubt i'll play everquest next, the idea was great but the gameplay wasn't very exciting. Black desert however, that is a game made with passion! Just like AoC!
    That Black Desert does look real good. It has player housing, fishing, bird hunting, plus all the standards!!! Graphics look amazing, characters and their animations look great. It's low-fantasy themed, a huge PLUS! I'll try Black Desert for sure! (I think Craig Morrison mentioned this game, not by name, a few years ago while talking about the future of character graphics and how awesome they look. He was focusing on the graphics for character hair. I figured he was into strange fetishes.)

Meanwhile, f2p War Thunder is worth a look. WW2 plane and tank warfare. It's an amazing game play and damn fun too! It has some short-comings(like a small amount of pay to win and it's open beta) so it's nothing permanent for me but I enjoy myself there until something else comes along.

there will never be another one that we like. why? Because the next gen gamers want things as easy as possible with no learning needed.
    each year the games get easier and easier and more boring to people who like a challenge.

Loof at D3 for instance, when released it was a super hard game and it was nerfed 100s of times to the mush it has become lol.

Sad part is, the kids these days actually like it because they dont have to do anything, which to us.. is completely pointless.

Same with art-direction. Many games go for the same type of animations, style and colors. When AoC was created, it was a time before the standards were written in stone, therefor creating a unique game that will never be seen again.

There is no other mmo that can compete with AoC. There is nothing to rave about in ESO. Not even the graphics were that impressive. Purple flowers and interesting particles doesn't make the game playable.

Geld has it right, everyone wants fast and easy mmo's now. Stick with Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    there will never be another one that we like. why? Because the next gen gamers want things as easy as possible with no learning needed.
    each year the games get easier and easier and more boring to people who like a challenge.

Loof at D3 for instance, when released it was a super hard game and it was nerfed 100s of times to the mush it has become lol.

Sad part is, the kids these days actually like it because they dont have to do anything, which to us.. is completely pointless.
    True, also one of the reasons why AoC has been dumbed down in a desperate attempt from Funcom to get people resubbing.
    Kinaputten

This kinda, sorta, almost makes me want to try H1Z1. It's possible that DayZ fans will like it though they may be making it a bit too deep/complex for this type of game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ope.../1100-6420858/

I'm playing Chivalry Medieval Warfare and wait for Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast