Thread: Ts3

Default Ts3

Hoping some of you gurus can clue me in here. I installed TS3 and it worked fine. Then I started my VPN for work, and it stopped working. Vent was still working, but TS3 would not connect to any servers. As a quick test, I took down my work VPN and both TS3 and Vent worked fine. Restarting my work VPN drops me from both. Vent I am able to re-connect, but TS3 will not connect.

99% of the time I play I have my work VPN up (because I am working AND it reduces my latency).

Any idea what is different or an be configured with TS3 to make it work with the VPN running?

I'm pretty sure TS just uses the default network adapter, I'm not sure if there are any more advanced settings.

What you're saying is weird though, I mean I frequently use a VPN and I don't even need to restart most of my applications, the transition on TS is perfectly smooth for me, I don't need to do anything special.

Your VPN software may be different but that shouldn't matter too much, what matters is that the VPN network adapter has highest priority (if you want all applications to use it). You can also use the command "route add" in Windows 7 and above to force your OS to route specific traffic through a specific adapter (so by doing that could force TS to use your regular connection instead of the VPN since for whatever reason TS doesn't like your VPN)

The way to do it is :
    run (as admin)>
    cmd >
    route add "ts server ip" mask 255.255.255.255 "your network adapter ip" (NOT the VPN adapter) metric 1

I often use different connections at the same time (on top of frequently using a VPN) and by doing that I can, for example, download with one connection while gaming with another, all at the same time and on the same PC.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.