Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or the player base is really getting worse and worse?

Unhappy Is it just me or the player base is really getting worse and worse?

And once again I returned to AoC, but sadly noticed, that it's hard to get a group, what doesn't wipe even the easiest khitai inis. In the last 2 weeks I always went with my friends, so 3 of us was always fix (2 tanks and 1 rouge), so actually the only thing we need is 1 healer...and even like this we fail a lot of times. But let's see a few examples without names:

1. Flame, usual structure: I'm with my friends (2 tanks + rouge) looking for healer and 2 random dps. Got 1 PoM, starting and I noticed that my MT friend dies pretty fast. No problem, I get aggro and do my OT job, but I'm also dying damn fast. At 75% when I have a bit time I check and the PoM has rank 4 blue heal instead of rank 6. Tell him fast to change it pls, cause he is the only healer, but he doesn't do anything. Told again, nothin, still rank 4. We survived, but at the end when I mention it again, he got pissed, told us he was able to heal alone before in mona, we are stupid and ragequits.

2. Flame, same structure, but now we get a BS, pretty good geared. But somehow he forgot to put blue heal on us. So I ask him to heal pls, then again, this one also gets pissed, that he is the healer not me and he has cooldown on it...I ask about the blue, cause it's 3 sec and that's what we need. Then he calls us idiots so I kicked him.

3. Necropolis, I got a tell from a sin as DPS: "full T4 sin, awesome gear". I was already like, jesus who cares, but okay, let's see how it goes. And what happens? First he pulls the boss while 1 member is not in the room, 1st wipe. 2nd wipe: he got aggro, MT can't take it, OT can't take it, but the sin continues to dps until he is dead. He says we are noobs and he ragequits.

4. Biggest fail: Ardashir fort, first boss down superfast, noone dies, awesome group until the crabs... We have two healers, but the BS dies, cause he doesn't know when to sidejump and everyone dies cause the pom forgets to heal again. We explain him, told him to watch the chat and when we see he has to jump, we will write it in the chat. Of course he dies at every attempt, PoM doesn't heal and when I ask to heal pls, instead of answering, he turns off his vanity and shows us he is full T4. That doesn't really help on the fact, that I didn't have any green or blue heal on me, I even made a video about it, cause I couldn't believe what I see. Of course we wiped the whole ini...

And that's just a few examples... Probably this problem has more roots. First of all the decreasing population, but I don't think it's the main reason. I would say it's the world boss and T4. I know T4 sounds ridiulous, but at 70-80% of the time we have a T4 geared member, we wipe: healers do dps rather healing, but mostly these guys just take aggro and then they die. It's like they get a brain wash and they forget, that they are playing with T1/2 and Khitai geared chars or they just simply feel like they are the best, the superheroes of AoC.

Is it really just me or anyone of you feels the same way?

I could open any major MMO forums and read exacly same complaint. It's more of MMO issue in general rather than AOC's problem.

This is why WoW dumbed down it's instances for Dungeon Finder and kept the challenge for premades.

In AOC everyone wants to do hardmodes and Khitai/Turan is not casual friendly.
    Retired

lol no i dont think the players attitude is getting worse imo its rather like more and more casual players leave and the "superheroes" as you said stay because they think they are something special when they have T4 .

you should pvp a bit on fury and you will get used to tards very fast ;0
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

It's kinda random, but i guess you're pretty much unlucky.
    I don't know how can people makes conclusions on WB or others things like that. Bad players nevers waited for theses content to exists.

There was baddies in 2008 like there is in 2014, theres nothing we can do about this.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    It's all so true, unfortunatelly the same stuff happens in pugs on daily basis. Just stay for a while semi-afk in Yun-Rau lobby and you will see people appearing on the rez pad so damn often. I mean...cmon it's Palace, the easiest instance in Khitai!
    But as the French dude said above: I wouldn't tie this to world boss events or T4 geared people. Tards will stay tards no matter the gear.

PS: "inis" ...Germans are so sweet! :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I once had a guy who couldn't swim up the waterfall in yag...and we ran out of time because he just kept falling. I literally had a guy rage quit the entire game over it he was so mad, and we never heard from him since.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    PS: "inis" ...Germans are so sweet! :P
    I'm not german, I'm just surrounded with them - that's far enough to get confused sometimes between the words.

Yes, maybe I was extremely unlucky nowadays, but I still stay that the average is not that good anymore. I was already thinking about some teaching runs, cause actually I like to explain and I'm patient enough for it as long as the members don't start to act like jerks.

I remember one time when a sin from TFB...a veteran,pro...as he enjoy mention that...made my group in flame...wipe! not once...but twice...and as i mentioned he enjoyed speaking high of himself as pro/veteran..."i did this millions of times...i play aoc since beta.."bla bla bla....1 sec later...made us wipe and ragequit....rofl so hard that day xD

Send me a tell and everything will be allright...yeh baby
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 26th June 2014 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    I remember one time when a sin from TFB...a veteran,pro...as he enjoy mention that...made my group in flame...wipe! not once...but twice...and as i mentioned he enjoyed speaking high of himself as pro/veteran..."i did this millions of times...i play aoc since beta.."bla bla bla....1 sec later...made us wipe and ragequit....rofl so hard that day xD
    I heard mmoers are using various substance that might inflict certain skills
    Kinaputten

But then there is the opposite side...when you are a healer who does heal vs dps, but pick out pug groups who have the members you discussed who don't heal or over dps or whatever and wipe the raid. I tend to try and run with guildies vs pugs.

Maybe make a friends lists of the players who work well with your group and not pick up as many puggers? I'd like to find some good out of guild groups that don't fail on palace (usually the rogue and debuffs) or that I could expect to be able to do abyss or pagoda and not do repeated wipes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast