Thread: Launching the game faster

Default Launching the game faster

How does everyone else launch AoC? I have not played for a LONG time because my updates always get stuck at the 4/4 stage, I get frustrated and then play other MMOs.

Kind of hard to support a game if I can't log in. Is there another way to go about this?

Last time I successfully logged in it took over 20 minutes and no, there was nothing to patch.
    Rift's housing in AoC please! I spend hundreds of dollars on Dimensions every year with their Rex system. The ONLY thing I buy are housing items in their cash shop. Sell me the ability to be creative and decorate. Also, please allow us to make PvP zones/games like in Rift.

Buy an SSD and load AOC from that? Takes 30 seconds for me to load it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

AoC Quick Start (AoCQS) - it still works. Even on a regular HDD - although an SSD is ideal.

20 minutes is a long time though. I sometimes run the patcher and it only takes 30-45 seconds. I'd totes try AoCQS.

Can download here.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.