Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Every Player Should Read.

lol really? with the PVP events its a huge boost in pvp... Just from pvp 7 to pvp 8 you make 50% in 1 week...

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    It took me 1 month exactly (started at last festival event) to get to pvp 5 on one of the hardest classes (HoX). Never PvPed before that. I play a couple of minies every day.
    The only time I spend a couple of hours in Bori was right before I hit pvp 4 and I wanted to consume my skulls from last event.

Stop being such a sissy. Progression up to here is fine. people say the real grind starts around pvp7/8 where it slows down significantly. Guess I'll see soon.

About the PvE; you are being silly too. I have <5 days playtime on my newest PvE character. With that guard I have tanked T3 and Coils of the Ubah Kan so far. I wouldn't call that a grind.

It sounds to me like you don't want to put any effort in.
    Yes it more like 6 -10 is the grind 554k just to hit 10.
    Bori, if you don't have any xp booster. It takes like 3-4 caps to get 1%. So yes the grind from 6-10 is bad.. I have done it twice already. An that is in a span since launch.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=188724
    Here you will find what others thing and that the Requirements need to hit 10. That there are people who have done the grind to 10. An won't do it again.

An on another note, Mini games Cool down is every 6 hours for a reward. Many are asking for more reward... 2 for win.. 1 for just being there. Rewards keep players in the game

As for pve, no I'm not being Silly.. Go to all the vendors and look at all the stuff they have. Some people have real life to deal with and a Job. These people are the majority of players.. An they are the ones who get tired of the grind and spending their money.
    If your a younger person, whos on summer vacation or part time job.
    Than Show a bit of respect.

I have 13 toons.
    Tos that t4..
    pom with some t4
    DT With few sets from khitia.
    2nd dt almost full t2 from world boss.
    I could keep going.. But hey...... I don't know how long many of you have been playing.

Kellisia was created on 07 March 2009.
    This is when one of my Characters were made. So if you have not been playing this long. Than you are not a Veteran. AN most Veterans
    will tell you. They won't grind Khitia any more. AN to find a coils group that is good. They will avoid a pug.

The Changes I am actually trying for are more toward:
    Raiding - 7 day wait to do a raid on 1 toon to 3 or 4 day wait.
    Khitia quest off a 20h cool down on that toon so you can do more.
    Faction switching - once you finish the that quest you should be Green not Neutral..

Again, I am a veteran of AOC, An the honest truth. This game is a grind fest. An Im not speaking on just my own thoughts.. But what I have seen in Global, my Guild chats which I have been in many. That are no longer with this game Due to these factors in it and the bugs that this game went threw, the pvp issues this game had.
    An more.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 24th June 2014 at 01:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    lol really? with the PVP events its a huge boost in pvp... Just from pvp 7 to pvp 8 you make 50% in 1 week...
    But you wait a month to do that. An Since I am on crom.
    You get a daily quest and it is very dead.

Nobody sticks around due to boredom inside the Boarder Kingdom
    An because I and many others face the side of pve and questing.
    Being ganked trying to do a quest.. Just makes the pve grind longer.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 24th June 2014 at 03:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    grind and rejoice ..

ppl who actually win their minis rotation never complain , qq to them
    I get all my tokens when I do minis.
    But theres still a grind due to diminishing returns.
    You can only kill someone so much in a mini till you get nothing for it. Same thing with the event.

Reducing minis from a 6h cool down to 3h cool down means more tokens. Which if you look around on forums people would like more reward for cause the 90 badges need for Tier 2 gear.

Again remember people who work might make a few minis a night. AN probably win 2 or 3 badges. There for its a grind for them.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 24th June 2014 at 01:55.

I don't understand your QQ. If you feel the way to get higher pvp-level is too long, then i assume, you don't deserve to reach the top score. If you don't want to put that much effort in it, you don't need it.

I am 15% before ding to 10 on my PoM. My PoM was born in November 2013. My Demo was born in October 2011 and dinged PvP 10 in Ocotber 2012. I was never with any of my 9 toons in Bori, I just did open World pvp where ever it is possible and play minigames a lot.

Oh, and I have a fulltime job and RL with wife. (But I don't play other videogames).

PvP progression is indeed quite long above lvl 6, which is mainly due to the main PvP activity, a.k.a. minigames, having the quests on a way too long cooldown.
    And the only significant sources of XP in this game are either minigames quests or Bori, and more recently the PvP festival.

Anyway, PvP in AoC has been fvcked up for so long anyway, so i'm not holding my breath on that matter.

But saying PvE is very grindy strikes me as quite the exaggeration nowadays.
    The most grindy part would be khitan factions i think, but it goes so much faster than it used to i don't think there's much to complain about.
    HMs are very rewarding offering blues and purples that are sufficient to do pretty much anything in the game.

So, from where i'm standing, the only annoying thing in AoC progression wise would be those 6 hours cooldown on minigames quests.
    That and the fact that people should sacrifice body parts from killed enemies (in open world, minigames, festival, whatever) in Bori, and not some wood and rock nobody gives a fvck about.
    It doesn't make any sense even lore wise ^^

You are on pve server!! Ofc the grind will take along time. The pvp events aren't as good on crom as they are on fury and so yes it will take you longer but so what. If you really want to pvp so much go to fury, I did and it great pvp skill is much better then crom in minis and open world is damn good fun
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

I just went from PvP 7 at 42%, to PvP 8 2%!

When we started events this week I was at 20%, and I haven't been doing minis this weekend cause I was working.
    I only had one PvP candy left, so I stacked skulls in my inventory.

Had around:
    40x 500 exp
    40x 1000 exp skulls
    7x 5000 exp skulls

http://tinypic.com/r/35iveo7/8

Progression is very sick now if you compare to before. Same with campaign badges
    I don't even have the PvP ring from shop with additional 50% exp or 5% bk buff!

A step in the right direction. I understand OP, obviously the road to PvP 10 should be a bit faster.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 24th June 2014 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    But you wait a month to do that. An Since I am on crom.
    You get a daily quest and it is very dead.

Nobody sticks around due to boredom inside the Boarder Kingdom
    An because I and many others face the side of pve and questing.
    Being ganked trying to do a quest.. Just makes the pve grind longer.
    Sorry m8, but i cannot agree to make players get more easy pvp lvl's...
    Even now, when T1 pvp gear has Tenacity and Critigation i see this as too much, cos you basically only need T1 to get almost full potential out of your class...

b4 it was a big deal when someone was pvp 7-8-9-10, now its just average...

Keep it now as it is, it minimizes bori digging, and actually makes players do some pvp...
    Most of players now just get basic blue gear and rush to pvp 4.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast