Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Hahaha,that happens all the time....an advice i can give u,be selfish! Cause no one will care to help u even if u help people.
    peace
    This is a chicken and egg statement. I tend to be helpful, healing everyone and CCing to help on my tos, or protecting the healer/mages on the team on my ranger or sin. However, once I see they don't care and leave you to die, I tend to become selfish. So I give the benefit of the doubt.

You also have to know when you and your team mates have a chance, and when its just banging your head against the wall. Sometimes, fleeing is the best...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    This is a chicken and egg statement. I tend to be helpful, healing everyone and CCing to help on my tos, or protecting the healer/mages on the team on my ranger or sin. However, once I see they don't care and leave you to die, I tend to become selfish. So I give the benefit of the doubt.

You also have to know when you and your team mates have a chance, and when its just banging your head against the wall. Sometimes, fleeing is the best...
    Well,maybe on fury that works...but not in Crom.
    I give u 2 moments i faced,first one: i was on my ranger and saved a guard from being killed by a sin....then guard rans away instead of staying there to kill sin with me...i was ok at first...np....till conq of the other team comes to help sin...and well...nuff said.

2nd situation: me on pom...healing,ccing...and getting focused by the entire enemy team....where was my team?damn good question...only thing i saw was...dt qqing..."where is my heals"...rofl nuff said..

Well,maybe on fury that works...but not in Crom.
    I give u 2 moments i faced,first one: i was on my ranger and saved a guard from being killed by a sin....then guard rans away instead of staying there to kill sin with me...i was ok at first...np....till conq of the other team comes to help sin...and well...nuff said.

2nd situation: me on pom...healing,ccing...and getting focused by the entire enemy team....where was my team?damn good question...only thing i saw was...dt qqing..."where is my heals"...rofl nuff said..
    You also have to look at the player. I know if geld or spaartan are playing, they stay to kill whether they are with or against me. While there are other guards that will run. So not so much a class issue, more a player issue. And there is nothing anyone can do about that. Luckily, there are only 11 of us who pvp on this server. So you know who is going to do what.

Unfortunately that's true but sad aswell.
    I really almost can't play Bear Shaman in minigames anymore.
    I relogged it this weekend after pretty long time, to see if I remembered key binds

After second minigame all I remembered is why I stopped playing it.

To play a supportive class in a game where nobody has really truly no interest (exactly zero) about teamplay, is really nonsense.

You end around in minigame trying to watch your group position and understand what they are doing around, and you soon reach the conclusion that no one knows what he is exactly doing.

You try to stay with your flag carrier, and you just help him by giving opposite group an alternative target and dieing, since most probably the other 4 people in your group are fighting one tank 20 meters away.

Big lol to those crying about teamplay in minigames and blaming player for not being teamplayers.

Minigame are just this: if you are lucky (like 10% - 20% of the times) you can have a nice challenge and eventually teamplay: defend flag, support etc.

Rest of the times is just random nonsense where you either end farming or beeing farmed.

Wait, I'll support you: let me run around for half map to the random chiken fighting a tank on our rezpad, then going hide full time while our healer and flag carrier are dieing, or pushing alone.

NO THX.

4th minigame I relogged demo, then sin, and just did all that makes sense in 80% of this kind of minigames: kill.

It's not that you can't kill on Bear Shaman, but it's really too sad to play it like a Barb or something like that.

I'll forgot BS keybinds, but at least I can relax
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    It's not totally true.
    I have 2 BSs, one is PvP 10 with all stuff as you described, the other is PvP 3 with next to no AA and T1 set bought from store.

It's more a matter of getting used to a different gameplay that the feat impose you, than the feat itself.

The extra survivability that the bubble grants is pretty limited in the end, and used properly BS bubble is not just a survivability tool, but an offensive one aswell.

Anyway, when I started my first BS I used aswell IH build till PvP 6-7, and started experimenting Muti/Bewilder builds only later.

At the start and for some time Muti was a pain, and I considered it way less supportive than IH.

Once you get used to it it's a totally different story.
    If you just stand still, no 6sec bubble can save you.

On the little new BS now I use the same Muti build, but it feels completely different compared to when I started first BS.
    Of course I don't get same kills and I take more damage because of gear / AA gap, but it works.

I'm not saying that Muti is better than IH, just that the ideas that IH build is way more sturdy, and that Muti build is selfish, are mostly preconcepts.
    Everything you say is all based on who you're fighting. Try using a pvp 3 bs against my pvp 9 assassin or against any other competent players, you'll go down in a heart beat. Ask badsaar he knows. He'll I take out your pvp 10 bs now with pretty much 2 or 3 combos if you don't have anything flowing or proccing. Gear and aa in aoc is huge and it means even more when fighting better caliber players.

Go look at the stats on a pvp 1 sins weapons and a pvp 10. It's pretty much equivalent to wearing an extra piece of epic gear with the daggers alone.

90% of the times I see someone shout in groupchat 'omg, where is my team, I'm dying here alone, omgawd no support!' it means that player is fighting in the wrong places and just wants his team to be all about him.

Just saying. That would of course never be the case with all the people shouting this on the forums.

Hahaha,that happens all the time....an advice i can give u,be selfish! Cause no one will care to help u even if u help people.
    peace
    Be selfish...thats the wrong consequence as it will sharpen the situation and not forcing teamplay.
    Be more teamplayer must be the logical consequence and I still try to form a team after a million so bad minigames...

I just stick on someone who looks like they know what they are doing.....if I cant find anyone then I just try to make it look like I know what i'm doing lol
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Minis on Crom gives me cancer.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Minis on Crom gives me cancer.
    any minigame wich i cant team up with people i enjoy playing with is cancer.
    being forced to play with every ass hoole on server is cancerous.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast