Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now!

I just don't understand why not just use the tournament mode if you don't like pugs: thought that was what it was for.

If new players can't get in minigames then you are going to be fighting the same people over and over again. No fresh blood, the same old 'hacker' global shoutouts, the same 'ress pad campers' or whatever the new and upcoming QQ is for minis now.

Maybe if you helped train the new pvpers it would go better? Or maybe you should push for the unchained minis vs no pugs? Or maybe Funcom should just give everyone full AAs and pvp4 gear so its all fair in love and war (wait, isn't that unchained?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I just don't understand why not just use the tournament mode if you don't like pugs: thought that was what it was for.

If new players can't get in minigames then you are going to be fighting the same people over and over again. No fresh blood, the same old 'hacker' global shoutouts, the same 'ress pad campers' or whatever the new and upcoming QQ is for minis now.

Maybe if you helped train the new pvpers it would go better? Or maybe you should push for the unchained minis vs no pugs? Or maybe Funcom should just give everyone full AAs and pvp4 gear so its all fair in love and war (wait, isn't that unchained?)?
    This Is why we are trying to find a balance Anubium.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    best division would be pvp0-3, and 4-10, and indeed if system detects full t4 or lots of t4 gear pieces then that player should play in pvp4-10 cue.

but pvp4-10 cue should allow group sign ups, minimum 2-3man teams should end up in same team.

this will derail in to a closed thread anyway.
    I have thought about that too tomhet.. Not sure how that will work.
    But maybe we if funcom just made tab choices.
    As in you can sign up for 1-5 or 3-6 or 4-10s..
    Many things they can do even making a normal sign up for a lack of sign ups.

So...
    there are People who complain that they can't do Minigames with their Friends while there is an option to do Minigames with your Friends.

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    I have thought about that too tomhet.. Not sure how that will work.
    But maybe we if funcom just made tab choices.
    As in you can sign up for 1-5 or 3-6 or 4-10s..
    Many things they can do even making a normal sign up for a lack of sign ups.
    Not enough pop to divide

Default a hint..

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    From where i stand, most of the players i hear whining against PUGs minis are the ones who can't take care of themselves and need a team dedicated to carrying them.

PuGs show exactly that, who can take care of oneself and who can't, then stand on the rezpad whining about no heal no support no cookies.

Truth is, those trash teams do not happen that often. In my experience, 1 mini out of 5 is really weird in terms of balance, but most of the time, it's mainly OK.
    And also, in most minis, there is support, as long as one does not act stupidly, like for instance that ranger i had in my team when playing my lvl 0 tos.

That dude did not pay attention nor bother that i had 2 high lvl sins on me 24/7, he just complained about no heal, then after 1 death went into hide on the rezpad and spent the entire mini insulting everyone in the team, claiming we were ****, that the team was trash, etc.

My point is that, the most vocal people whining about PuGs are very often the very ones who have no clue about team play and that no premade would take in because they're trash players.
    They bring nothing to the table and expect their team to support them 24/7 no matter what, without being themselves able nor fancy to support anyone.

Bottom line, those threads about trash PuGs are retarded, they do not reflect any actual trend, are vastly exaggerated, are the result of the need to vent some punctual frustration (after having been steamrolled usually) and end up being counter productive for the game community in general and PvP specifically.
    I don't even comprehend why they're not locked immediately. They always end up in flaming, with some wannabe pro trying to show off how awesome they, which is exactly the reason why they need their pocket healer to perform, duh ^^ retarded.
    M8 if u really want to help pvp as it is right now..Tell ur guildies to remove the hacks..and play normal..Its the only way to save this game from dying..Just saying..!!!

What part of PUG mini is not good for new players don't you understand? They destroy new players completely. Not only do new players not get to witness what teamwork is like, they also get farmed 24/7 even on winning pug teams. We've seen this countless times. Not only that, they also never had the incentives to improve at pvp because token and gear are all luck and randomized in mini.
    How many new players do you see stay after 1-2 week? guarantee 99% of them left, the new players here on fury are leaving really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaartacus View Post
    What part of PUG mini is not good for new players don't you understand? They destroy new players completely. Not only do new players not get to witness what teamwork is like, they also get farmed 24/7 even on winning pug teams. We've seen this countless times. Not only that, they also never had the incentives to improve at pvp because token and gear are all luck and randomized in mini.
    How many new players do you see stay after 1-2 week? guarantee 99% of them left, the new players here on fury are leaving really fast.
    But I doubt getting curb stomped by a premade will help new player retention either.

So how are you going to get new players into pugs if you won't allow pug minis? Do you expect pvp 10s to pick up brand new blue geared players for their teams off of global? Or are the only ones who get into minis going to be in pvp guilds now?

Trashing new players on the ress pad, trashing them in global chat, bashing them while in the mini, seeing other players 'pvp10' sitting on the ress pad in hide...how is that going to attract new pvpers? Oh, and don't forget all the accusations of 'hacks' in minigames too.

How do you propose to get new players into minigames if all the minigames are group required?

So how are you going to get new players into pugs if you won't allow pug minis? Do you expect pvp 10s to pick up brand new blue geared players for their teams off of global? Or are the only ones who get into minis going to be in pvp guilds now?

Trashing new players on the ress pad, trashing them in global chat, bashing them while in the mini, seeing other players 'pvp10' sitting on the ress pad in hide...how is that going to attract new pvpers? Oh, and don't forget all the accusations of 'hacks' in minigames too.

How do you propose to get new players into minigames if all the minigames are group required?
    Mini game is a group pvp.
    NO I don't expect to pick up random pvp 0 from global.
    People would be joining guilds, we recruit players with potential to join and we'd rotate them in group pvp. Same with other guilds, that is what happened 2-3 years ago. People joined guilds pvp guilds. How did you think the good players learned pvp? We joined guilds, got stomped by good plyers and improved.

Pvp mini game is a group pvp, not solo right now its pure solo, no teamwork no organization.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast