Thread: Launching issue

Default Launching issue

Hello

Yesterday, the game worked fine. Today, when i launch aoc, the game run immediatly without the "launcher box" what i m used to see.

I land immediatly on the login page with empty button and i can't connect(i have the message : can't connect to the server)

I suppose the localconfig is coupable ^^
    I tried repair/fix tool, but nothing
    Patchersetup make this error: unable to locate localconfig.xml in the client intall folder. But he is here.

How can i solve without re download the 56256563695626855² go of the game? ^^

Thank you
    see you.

Are you using or have just installed AoC Quickstart? If so, turn off the patcher skip option, then re-launch conan.

If not AoCQS, do you have backup of AoC folder? You can paste over a copy of that to game drive and re-patch / run the game. I'd recommend always having a backup of AoC - it can be troublesome on occasion.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Default thanks

Thanks for you consideration.

I haven't any Quickstart and i haven't any backup files.
    For me, no other way to reinstall it and re download it ( i tried many tips what i found on this forum but no ways)

But for the future i will back up !!

It could be fun and sympatic if we have the main file we have to backup after a patch for example.

Thanks.

There is one other thing you can try before you re-download everything.

Download the installer from the account page, run it, and install AoC in a different drive or location. You may need to rename the current Age of Conan folder to Age of Conan1 or something - you can always change it back after if this doesn't work and it'll be fine.

Anywho, start installing AoC in it's new location and watch the patcher. It will make a new Age of Conan folder, and download various files.

It will at some point start downloading RDB files. These are the files that comprise 90% of the AoC folder - it's all the content basically. There are approx 30-35 of these files, all just over 1GB. When it gets to downloading these, exit the patcher, copy the RDB files over from your old AoC file to the new one - they both go in a folder called RDB. Then restart the patcher, and let it continue. It should check what's there, see it's all there, and download any difference - hopefully less than 30GB or whatever.

It doesn't always work - but sometimes it does. The wonders of AoC. You'll come to love these..... or go insane.

But yes, backups are a lifesaver. I usually backup before each major patch. Just in case.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Never redownload, send a mail to support. They'll find what's wrong, even if it takes some emails until they find.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Default thanks

thanks all for advice

this is a driver issue or the graphics card option

have you changed your driver ?

have you changed an option on your video card ?