Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Calling it now - we'll be fighting World Bosses on the rez pads.

To prevent imbecile WB farming, WBs should not spawn with this fixed monthly timer, spawns should be random at any location at any given time.

The way it works now is terrible, they should spawn much much less (like 2 or 3 bosses per day) and it should be totally random where and when.

What a waste to fix something that wasn't really broken. I don't remember ever having trouble getting my world boss kills in but now I have to worry about dying right at the end. Guarantee I wont be tanking the wb or trying to do much more than minimum damage when on DPS class. No way I will risk dying while fighting wb ever again.
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    To prevent imbecile WB farming, WBs should not spawn with this fixed monthly timer, spawns should be random at any location at any given time.

The way it works now is terrible, they should spawn much much less (like 2 or 3 bosses per day) and it should be totally random where and when.
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    What a waste to fix something that wasn't really broken. I don't remember ever having trouble getting my world boss kills in but now I have to worry about dying right at the end. Guarantee I wont be tanking the wb or trying to do much more than minimum damage when on DPS class. No way I will risk dying while fighting wb ever again.
    Yeah, this will likely become the norm for all WB fights now. I wouldn't want to risk not getting any loot either.

You all greatly overestimate the amount of cooperation on this server...you needn't fear world bosses being dragged to rez pads...most likely, someone will kite them constantly ensuring everyone has to spend the max amount of time to get a kill. It should actually improve things a bit...plus it will also make the easygoing imbeciles rage, which makes me smile

I don't agree with cooldowns on the wb, with one or two spawns a day (some of us have to work 45 plus hour weeks: I have eighteen characters to spawn and I don't want to have to sit on the game 24/7 to hope that I MIGHT get in an instance for a spawn). As it was this last wb, I got about two to three an hour at most and had a lot of fun trying to 'predict' where to go.

If we want to waste our time chasing the wb vs watching "Here comes Honey Booboo" then that's our decision btw.

And...I rarely die on wb runs, except when I try and full dps out on my t4 demo (and that's my fault). If the boss is 10 percent or higher then you can ress out and run back. If its less than 5 percent, then try not to die. With multiple spawns you are going to have more than one chance at the loot/quest update.

If someone kites it away on purpose to be annoying, you can always /petition it as harassment if they do it more than once anyway. Messing with 50 plus people to be a troll counts as harassment in my book anyway.

Oh, and as a tank...if someone bothers to heal the MT group then these bosses shouldn't be able to kill off most decently geared tanks. Even my demo could handle about six hits from the last world boss and I have tanked it before on my guardian (died when there was absolutely no heals on me a couple of times on a guardian).

So if you don't want to die then support the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post

If someone kites it away on purpose to be annoying, you can always /petition it as harassment if they do it more than once anyway. Messing with 50 plus people to be a troll counts as harassment in my book anyway.
    [Edited by Drest: Don't go there!]
    Last edited by Drest; 25th June 2014 at 16:00.

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    Leave it to a rogue angel to /petition someone for kiting a boss...am not surprised at all...
    Did someone's primary posting account get a little vacation?
    I don't make points I make dents.

WORLD BOSSES

• Players now need to be within 70m of a boss when it dies to receive loot and have their quest updated.
    • Players need to be alive and within 30m of the boss when it dies to be eligible for the chance at one of the guaranteed Epic loot boxes.
    Really not impressed by these changes, they will work horrible on Fury. Going in and do damage with a lot of reds around is suicide for most melee classes. And imagine the grief fest the good pvp'ers will have cheating easy victims of epic loot chance.

Spending 2 hours on trying to get loot and a quest update, I believe people will rather stay dead than trying to come back to a fight and risk missing it. 30 meters is almost nothing, a heavy AoE knockback like the last boss could do and boss moving to get to the aggro holder, and people might miss it as they are more than 30 meters away. *pats* Try Again, I'm sure you can come up with something better to deal with afk'ers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast