Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now - we'll be fighting World Bosses on the rez pads.

I'd say 1/2 the WB locations so far were impossible, or nearly so, to drag to within 70m of the rez pad. Also expect, if ppl try to kite a boss to the rez pad now, the griefers will react with equal and opposite force and work to kite it elsewhere. I believe the 2nd part of the patch notes statement simply means you will never get a Slayers chest unless you are within 30m when it dies. Whether it means there is now a 100% chance of a Slayers chest if you are that close when it dies needs to be clarified. I mean, "chance at one of the guaranteed" is bad english, shouldn't have "chance" and guaranteed" like that in the same sentence. Net result should be more ppl on boss all thru fight and a lot less rez pad camping. Overall an improvement in World Boss loot mechanics, in my opinion.
    Last edited by burmese; 16th June 2014 at 14:24.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Players need to be alive and within 30m of the boss when it dies to be eligible for the chance at one of the guaranteed Epic loot boxes.
    A clarification on exactly what this means would be nice. If I had to guess I would assume it means something along the lines of: "Each person on the agro table who is alive within 30m of boss when the boss dies gets a chance at 1 of 5 total Epic loot boxes. All others will receive a blue box."

It will be a big kiting. Again, all to the loss of "normal" players again.

This is an invitation to all the haters and trolls and gankers to destroy world boss content.

They are certainly not aware how their engine handles big groups of people. 30m will be the insta crash to desktop zone when boss health goes down...
    What about ranged classes? Obviously they forgot some can attack from further than 30m?

"No goes" with the patch:
    - need to be alive
    - need to be within 30m
    - 70m for quest update

With these rules you by no means make sure "only those deserving" get the loot. Bosses can be kited away in the last second...you can be ganked in last second on pvp server (after kicked from raid too)...you can crash because all will rush in during the final % of boss health. And all this while you contributed from 100% to 5% of boss health or even started and organized the fight/raid. World boss content on Fury is not "farm" or "grind". It takes 15 mins to 2 hours to form a raid and another 30 to 240 minutes to kill the bosses.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th June 2014 at 15:25.

hopefully all bosses will be kitet to rezzpad theres 0 skill and 0 fun in bashing those lootbags

Meh, at least Funcom is trying to do something to stop the afk, instance hopping kill leachers.

But yes, I can see bosses being kited to rez pads and performance issues with everyone having to be near the boss, but it is what it is.

Thankfully I only do the world bosses for quest updates.

Especially on Fury this will be the only way to fight them without risking a waste of hours of real life time.
    And you will still see some fighting and the rest observing "alive" under shield of the risen, because if they would fight, they would risk dying and being ganked. Some of those will hit the boss near resspad (or even kite him there), die and wait on resspad till they can kill that "special friend", just so that he/she gets no quest update (here the patchnotes are a bit unclear though) and loot. So mission NOT accomplished.

@Texan: Then why not do something against the instance hopping kill leechers (a few minutes like 10-20 cooldown would easily have accomplished this)? Why hurt those who actually want to fight with this patch? How many lowbies do you think will risk going melee and instadeath on Crom? How many raidleaders will like being ganked and killed in final health %? How many guilds on Fury do you think can bring a working ranger raid to protect the world boss raid? Will this change reduce the number of people under "shield of risen" and swimming in water?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th June 2014 at 15:24.

Best way to fix this would be to add "instant boss spawn" when we kill it,else will be a mess....and will be all about luck to get in another instance...plus with the chances of crashing,so since people farm it...make it simple,make it real! :P
    Else....even with 30-60 min cd boss respawn...tons of people won't get to another instance where the boss is...will endup being like waiting 2 hours...ofc unless there is 100 instances,then is ok.

ps:tbh i don't care,i only do it once with each toon for quest.
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 16th June 2014 at 15:34.

What it should do is remove the instance hopping people who hog the ress pad, wait for free loot then pop into the next instance and lock out the ones actually doing the work to kill the boss.

I am assuming that the 30 range means that you won't have any more of a chance at the purple boxes BUT that if you are more than 30 range (which is close to the max range of most spells) then you will only get a blue box.

If Funcom could prevent kiting that would be great now. Because if you die at the last 5 percent or so (too late to run back) then you are going to miss out on loot if the boss gets kited away from your dead body.

Lowbies can still sit out and get the free blue boxes, but if they want the chance at a purple then they have to get in the danger zone.

Its going to mess up Furys kills though. Unless the people doing it all go into raids or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Best way to fix this would be to add "instant boss spawn" when we kill it,else will be a mess....and will be all about luck to get in another instance...plus with the chances of crashing,so since people farm it...make it simple,make it real! :P
    Else....even with 30-60 min cd boss respawn...tons of people won't get to another instance where the boss is...will endup being like waiting 2 hours...ofc unless there is 100 instances,then is ok.

ps:tbh i don't care,i only do it once with each toon for quest.
    Right now, the ones who hit it once or the ones who run to the ress pad when the boss is at 10 percent are going to get into the next instance 'free' while the ones who do the work get shut out. I'd rather have a fair chance at the next instance then to keep seeing ress pad sitters get more world boss loot by sitting and reaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Right now, the ones who hit it once or the ones who run to the ress pad when the boss is at 10 percent are going to get into the next instance 'free' while the ones who do the work get shut out. I'd rather have a fair chance at the next instance then to keep seeing ress pad sitters get more world boss loot by sitting and reaping.
    True,but things will go crazy for sure...crashes all the time i bet

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast