Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 199

Thread: All Your Tomium Are Belong To Us

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    More of this would be great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpP6JIH42Is

    Twitch live streams is the answer! ^^

    LOL. AoC devs have special mouse cursors!?!? Even the AOC devs hate the default game cursor so they modify it for themselves but leave the shitty version for us to use. Rock On Fucnom!!!!

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    LOL. AoC devs have special mouse cursors!?!? Even the AOC devs hate the default game cursor so they modify it for themselves but leave the shitty version for us to use. Rock On Fucnom!!!!
    sharp eye there,didn't notice their cursor and the video is a bit old already lol

  3. #93

    Funcom

    Well, now that this thread has derailed, let me help it get back on track.

    Tiberivs, you mentioned that it would be easier to ask what you would like NOT to see. Can you give me an example of what you are talking about?
    <table><tr><td><a href="http://www.funcom.com"><img src="http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/images/avatars/funcom/transparent_logo_official_3.png" alt="Funcom" border="0"></a></td><td><span style="font-size: 10pt">Gray 'Tomium' Hogan</span><br><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Community Manager<br>@CM_Tomium</span><br>
    <span style="font-size: 7pt"><a href="http://www.ageofconan.com">Age of Conan Website</a> | <a href="announcement.php?f=2&a=1">Social Guidelines</a> | <a href="http://www.ageofconan.com/support">Customer Service</a><br></span></td></tr></table>

  4. #94

    Default Tomium

    I am curious what a community lead does exactly. Do you care to share some insight as to what you are paid to do in our beloved community?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

    cheers!
    Live Twitch Stream - PvP Festival Week - Fury PvP - US Prime Time - Rated MA

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Well, now that this thread has derailed, let me help it get back on track.

    Tiberivs, you mentioned that it would be easier to ask what you would like NOT to see. Can you give me an example of what you are talking about?
    I have been here since 2008 and I want to be brutaly honest here. It will sound horrible and I am not happy to to write it here (believe me I love for things to be different). Please don't take it as a personal attack or attack on community managers in general.

    Here it goes:

    I honestly have no idea what AOC community managers are doing. In fact I am pretty sure they are not doing anything except re-posting Dev letter once and month and copy/pasting patch notes.

    Since 2008 community managers did very very little (with an exception of german community managers which did podcast).

    What I would be doing if I was a community manager?
    - short DEV chats
    - posting screenies of some work in progress
    - posting artwork for some future content/content in progress
    - QA sessions with the devs
    - special events in game (we had like ONE, deer hunting event back in 2009 I think)
    - more activity in MMO media (articles, interviews). Its super hard to find any news about AOC on sites like massively.com
    - organizing contests (stories writting, artwork painting, fastest dungeon run etc.)
    - writing articles on Conan and Hyboria to make people understand the setting better and to expose them to the works of REH
    - AOC official podcast (even 20 minutes a month would be awesome),

    and I going keep going.

    What I don't want to see:
    - another community manager doing nothing but re-posting stuff like dev letters
    - another community manager showing up just to write snappy response to why he doesn't care about players being angry (hello Famine!)
    - another community manager writing "Hello everyone I am new" post and then disapearing for months on end,
    - another community manager doing his work in a way that players are not sure what his job really is.

    Honestly? best community manager so far? ..Senior Designer CirithGorgor.

    In terms of communicating with the playerbase, listening to community needs and providing us with early work stuff (screenshots of gear in progress) he singlehandely did more in several months that all community managers put together since 2008. And I am not talking about him developing game, I mean his communication style. He is actually here for the players and he knows how to deal with them.

    Yes, I am bitter about this subject, but so far support for AOC community has been very poor and that coupled with poor/non existent marketing left AOC as very niche MMO .
    Retired

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Well, now that this thread has derailed, let me help it get back on track.

    Tiberivs, you mentioned that it would be easier to ask what you would like NOT to see. Can you give me an example of what you are talking about?
    I would not like to see more of the current situation and by this i mean,devs and the rest are a ghost for me at least...never show up,no devstreams,nothing that makes this game full of life.
    A tip: check Warframe and you will see what i mean,if AoC reach that level someday...damn..

    example of one of the most recent devstreams:

    http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/4596161

    plus "Prime Time" Dev & Community Manager playing and all that:

    http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/4591309

    Last edited by Tiberivs; 9th July 2014 at 08:36.

  7. #97

    Funcom

    Since there have been a few posts asking what it is we do here, I thought it would be helpful to post SOME of the things that a CM would do.

    • Arrange for Streaming, if available
    • Read Posts
    • Arrange events where and when possible
    • Yes, we post patch notes
    • Talk with Devs about concerns from the community



    As you can see, a lot of what you posted IS part of my job. You will note, however that "respond to posts," or "post what you talked with the Devs about" are not in there. I have said it in many of our forums, and I will say it here, again. I am a gamer. I know the frustration you feel, whether you choose to believe that or not. All of my empathy in the world though does not change what I can or cannot do in this, or any of our communities.

    As much as I would like to talk further about what I can and can't do, this will be the last post on this subject from me.

    I am working with Sezmra on things. We are doing our level best to make things happen.
    <table><tr><td><a href="http://www.funcom.com"><img src="http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/images/avatars/funcom/transparent_logo_official_3.png" alt="Funcom" border="0"></a></td><td><span style="font-size: 10pt">Gray 'Tomium' Hogan</span><br><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Community Manager<br>@CM_Tomium</span><br>
    <span style="font-size: 7pt"><a href="http://www.ageofconan.com">Age of Conan Website</a> | <a href="announcement.php?f=2&a=1">Social Guidelines</a> | <a href="http://www.ageofconan.com/support">Customer Service</a><br></span></td></tr></table>

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post

    • Arrange for Streaming, if available
    • Read Posts
    • Arrange events where and when possible
    • Yes, we post patch notes
    • Talk with Devs about concerns from the community


    I am working with Sezmra on things. We are doing our level best to make things happen.
    1/ streaming. I have watched every single stream there was about AOC and I could count them with fingers on my one hand. The game is 6 year old. If this was part of other community managers job too then clearly something was not right.

    2/ read post. Yeah I do that too.

    3/ Events. Again I can recall deer hunting event, one RP event with big yeti boss. First anniversary failed event and one time GM spawned a lot of stuff in Khemi. Again the game is 6 year old and that is all we got.

    4/ patch notes. That seems like 1 minute task to tackle once a month.

    5/ talking to the devs. Seems like CirithGorgor talks to the community directly. I have seen maybe 3-4 times in 6 years that other dev than Sillirion/Joel/Cirith would post something.

    So this is why some of us ask what is the community manager job because your predecessors did so very little. I hate that I am an ******* about this, but in terms of community managment the ball has been droped HARD. Next to nothing has been accomplished in 6 years in terms of growing the AOC community or even giving it tools to support itself.

    It's all patch notes (because you kinda have to document stuff) and once a month dev letter.


    Again this is NOT aimed at you, I hope you will be different.
    Retired

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Again this is NOT aimed at you, I hope you will be different.
    Couldn't have said it better! Let's go forward at full speed Tomium, get AoC where it needs to be!

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    1/ streaming. I have watched every single stream there was about AOC and I could count them with fingers on my one hand. The game is 6 year old. If this was part of other community managers job too then clearly something was not right.

    2/ read post. Yeah I do that too.

    3/ Events. Again I can recall deer hunting event, one RP event with big yeti boss. First anniversary failed event and one time GM spawned a lot of stuff in Khemi. Again the game is 6 year old and that is all we got.

    4/ patch notes. That seems like 1 minute task to tackle once a month.

    5/ talking to the devs. Seems like CirithGorgor talks to the community directly. I have seen maybe 3-4 times in 6 years that other dev than Sillirion/Joel/Cirith would post something.

    So this is why some of us ask what is the community manager job because your predecessors did so very little. I hate that I am an ******* about this, but in terms of community managment the ball has been droped HARD. Next to nothing has been accomplished in 6 years in terms of growing the AOC community or even giving it tools to support itself.

    It's all patch notes (because you kinda have to document stuff) and once a month dev letter.


    Again this is NOT aimed at you, I hope you will be different.
    Slith I'm with you 100% but I suppose being a community manager of AoC is only a little task of one employee of Funcom and each one of them has dedicated the time he could to this task. I know you read the forum as much as I do. So you know that there are only a few of us that still reading and writing here. we can't expect funcom spent resources on this forum if they don't spent resources on the game itself. I imagine that being designate community manager of AoC is a pain in the ass more than anything else.

    PD: When funcom delete 5 years of posts on the eu and us forums to save some euros it was clear that they don't care about the forums of AoC at all.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 9th July 2014 at 13:27.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

    If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •