Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: pvp advice

Don't even try talk sense into Mrcorp. Guy is a serious case, I had him on ignore on testliveforums.

Let's wait server merges and let cromlings farm him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Don't even try talk sense into Mrcorp. Guy is a serious case, I had him on ignore on testliveforums.

Let's wait server merges and let cromlings farm him.
    First, I was asked for my build.

Second, never really participated in testlive. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?

Third, I play a pvp 3 tos on your server, different build, but success there too.

Finally, regarding my build, remember, I have pvp 10 armor, so that helps balance some of what I do. There are a lot of feats that do a lot of things, I dont agree with some and posted my thoughts. I never worry about other tos, I usually gun right for them. Necros, demos aren't bad either. Rangers and sins, that's different, annd lirials build is right for them.

It works for me, I usually top other tos in minis... So I'm not worried about it. Good thread and convo though.

PvP 10 gear matters?
    Any PvP 7 now can play on same level as pvp 10

Many thing works. Doesn't mean they are optimal, or that you're pushing your class to the limit.

One thing we do agree to that many won't is, Spark has good use in minis when used right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    PvP 10 gear matters?
    Any PvP 7 now can play on same level as pvp 10

Many thing works. Doesn't mean they are optimal, or that you're pushing your class to the limit.

One thing we do agree to that many won't is, Spark has good use in minis when used right.
    Definitely, there is a lot of value to the silence and shock, no doubt. Anyone rolling the class now, I would probably tell to look at. I do see the value, it just doesn't fit in to my playstyle or my experiences.

If you or anyone else feels that is bad, that's your opinion. I really don't play to what others think. I actually have tried all the spells, even in general. Probably more than most can say. Gave each a month to learn and get used to. This is the build I was most comfortable with. I have good success with it, and like I said, have yet to see another tos beat me in pvp minis, not premades.

Sometimes we don't consider the flow or rotation of spells/feats when we build. We think about most DPS, or most CCs. We think about most armor or most crit. I try to balance. I sacrifice an anti CC and a CC for a tad more survivability or dps.

I could skip the two points in serpents twist, an anti CC, to take a CC or cc remover. I tend to favor passive spells versus active spells. So this wouldn't work in my rotation. Like I mentioned before, many tos use 6 spells and ignore the other 30 because they are too busy worrying about a guard who might fear them, or a ranger trying to trap them.

I like to get in the mix, overextend at times, but support the team. I gave up coils to do more of that and coils is one I am surprised no one mentioned. Insane DPS. But I digress.

I could give up some wrath of the serpent, but again, I like dps and this gives me that boost when fighting a caster, as well as some protections.

If I were to change it up, and I probably should now that rousing shock is a bit easier, I would go with http://goo.gl/DXIWni

Who would make a toon on testlive and name it mrcorp?

lol
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Sometimes we don't consider the flow or rotation of spells/feats when we build. We think about most DPS, or most CCs. We think about most armor or most crit. I try to balance. I sacrifice an anti CC and a CC for a tad more survivability or dps.
    You must be trolling right? Anti-CC&CC = Survivability

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    You must be trolling right? Anti-CC&CC = Survivability
    You can't argue with the best ToS ever.....

And the ability to create separation is the greatest tool the ToS has to survive and get their spells off.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

What about this build:

http://goo.gl/WPgBqs

Any major issue? Any suggestion?
    I'm still pretty unexperienced on this class on PvP side, but looks like a really fun one
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 14th August 2014 at 05:44.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Reasonable, would max cc duration though and maybe 2/2 LC, mana management feats if needed also

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234