Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: funcom please prioritize your "real" updates

I think crafting can be a viable update if done right. Items need to be damm good.

I also thing it on its own is not enough. We need real content. As in places to go and things to do. New encounters new mobs new fights. For some people that means T5. Ive yet to see all of t4 so im sorta meh on that.

Adding unchained versions of things is NOT new content. Its a stop gap measure of reworking in some cases 6 year old content and adding new pretties for ppl to get. To me thats "modded" content.

T5 AND more 6 mans AND a new zone IS imo the content that is truely needed to keep players engaged.

However i think we all know Funcomm doesnt have the resources. So unfortunate. Its such a wonderful game.

- There hasnt been a meaningful update since Coils.

- T5 is not coming any time soon.

- No one knows when is last DS dungeon aka 12 men raid coming.

- Craft revamp long overdue.

- No intention to make cross server tech working yet, or any kind of reasonable solution to finally merge all the severs and stop ******** with separated pvp and pve servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Pretty sure the vast majority of T4 guilds that have folded due to people quitting were due to no content, a.k.a. no T5, not because of lack of a crafting update.

Schou, I know you are a crafting guy, but there really aren't that many of you around, it would be much more effective for Funcom to spend dev time on stuff like raids, etc than crafting update that only a handful really care about.
    Maybe what 15% tops of people will be doing T5 at best. Where as 100% are capable of doing crafting. T5 means jack **** to me. Crafting is the only update I am looking forwards to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    - There hasnt been a meaningful update since ROTGS expansion.
    I fixed that for you.....

Raiders got bored of raiding who would ever guess... I got bored of it pre t3. The only dynamic content is pvp. Embrace it ! Or go play eso or wildstar or whatever else is out there with pve. Age of conan was meant to be a pvp centric game. This was gautes vision that srilion surreptitiously pooped on. You have only your forum tears to blame for the state of the game. With the toxicity of the forums being what they are its no wonder no devs really want to work on aoc. Coding and debugging takes time and patience. If you cant understand that then cancel your sub and speak with your wallet.

What i guess im trying to say is relax. Just because you sub to an mmo doesnt mean you now own the dev team like your slaves. They are human beings like any of us who are trying to make the best of a bad situation. the pvp updates were much needed. If you know anything about complex scripting you can imagine the code mess these poor souls have to sift through. I used to do scripting and coding for neverwinter nights and let me tell you it was bad enough in that ancient engine. Imagine code where accidentally deleting a ; or a ) in the line of code could break anything and could mean hours of debugging and recompiling to figure out what is missing or shouldnt be there. It happens all the time to even the best coders

I for one think this new team has promise.. if you are bored of your raiding come on over to fury and grab your ankles for a jolly good time!
    Last edited by Laethiel; 14th June 2014 at 17:19.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Imagine code where accidentally deleting a ; or a ) in the line of code could break anything
    i lol so hard at that reminded me this programing exercise i had to do for decomp matrices in to l.u. form toke me hours to figure out i had a cross sign in the code i activated accidentaly but wasnt visible on windowns but once i saw my code on prof's mac saw the cross icon right there screwing me.

fury is dead single mega server is only option.
    its idiotic they insist on separate servers.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 14th June 2014 at 17:36.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Fury isnt dead its on life support .. rage is dead

And I agree on the megaserver and i believe it will one day come to fruition. its not something they can just flip a switch and make happen. mergers take planning and preparation not only that the idea of combining two server rulesets pvp and pve could make it even more challenging. I think they will once they find time and work out the logistics of it
    Last edited by Laethiel; 14th June 2014 at 17:49.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    And I agree on the megaserver and i believe it will one day come to fruition. its not something they can just flip a switch and make happen. mergers take planning and preparation not only that the idea of combining two server rulesets pvp and pve could make it even more challenging. I think they will once they find time and work out the logistics of it
    true im hoping the revamped pvp mode for festival on crom are just that the prework for full merge.

im realy hoping its lvl80 only, no guards, and rez system like on border kingdoms, and added daily pvp quests+body parts from ce.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Maybe what 15% tops of people will be doing T5 at best. Where as 100% are capable of doing crafting. T5 means jack **** to me. Crafting is the only update I am looking forwards to right now.
    Well with t5 inevitably comes a T4 nerf... Keyboard turners and combo clickers alike could have T4 within reach...
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    Dead game is dead. Nothing to see here. Move along.

If the game is dead, where do you expect these magical premades you have been pushing to come from? I mean, you have the option to do premades now, so why don't yo.... oh wait.... the game is dead, right??....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast