Thread: ? Motherboards ?

Default ? Motherboards ?

TechLords are needed!
    I am looking for advice on a new Motherboard. I am building a new pc and it's time to buy the motherboard. I have a Rosewill Thor V2 case and Intel i5-4670K cpu so far.
    As far as performance, we can use AoC as a game platform but I am thinking more about the next generation of games. $200-$350 is a ballpark price range for the mommyboard. I want to stick with Asus motherboard.
    Suggestions? Do's and dont's?

I do custom builds myself, I've been using recently Gigabyte motherboards which I'm liking a lot, they are very good quality and have ultra durable technology. I've heard of problems with people in game with asrock boards recently so maybe a good idea to stay clear of those for now.

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/list...s=42&p=344&v=2

a good power supply is also recommended, Crucial power supplies (modular or semi modular) within budget.

you want a stable machine, I hope you also have an SSD drive or a hybrid drive, some motherboards also let you run SSD caching technology if you wish to have a larger hard drive, for instance if you want a 3TB main OS drive you can run a SSD with this too, so you have plenty of room.