Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advantages?

Default Advantages?

Hi all, returning player here, just looking at my old ranger and trying to figure stuff out.

It looks like there are a bunch of advantages to choose from and I was just wondering which ones you guys used, for which situations you used them, and why. I'd just like to hear some thoughts before my next respec. Thanks.

You basically only need one, maybe two feated extra.
    Depends a bit on which tree you focus, you will want one to do instant burst damage like the shattering one or the fire one. There is another to boost your group a bit.
    There is some synergy of advantages with rending strikes or the stamina regen feat, too.
    The basic one can be used to trigger these, so you can spare the other two mentioned earlier for real burst damage.

If you want to know how they scale and with what...and if they deal damage independant of the combo triggering them, you might want to ask a ranger who actually likes the current system

You only need 1, theyre all on same cd.

I find shattering attack best.
    Kinaputten

They are not on the same cooldown, advice like this is why 99% of rangers do about as much DPS as a guardian....feat shattering and fire attack... When you use one it will get a 60 second cooldown and all other advantages will get a 35 second cooldown..
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    They are not on the same cooldown, advice like this is why 99% of rangers do about as much DPS as a guardian....feat shattering and fire attack... When you use one it will get a 60 second cooldown and all other advantages will get a 35 second cooldown..
    I laughed, but it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    ye true 1 in each tree, long time no ranger, my bad sry.

But for pvp u only reach 1, that was my point though.
    Last edited by Mogsters; 29th May 2014 at 23:08.
    Kinaputten

No worries, there's just loads of bad information on the ranger forums, just trying to prevent it from getting any worse lol.
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Thanks for the responses guys.

So it sounds like shattering attack and fire attack are the way to go for damage.

How about the two team advantages? Does anyone use those? Would they be useful in a dungeon setting perhaps? I like the idea of group support so I'm curious if using those would benefit my team enough to be worth speccing into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    ye true 1 in each tree, long time no ranger, my bad sry.

But for pvp u only reach 1, that was my point though.
    reach 1 only ? da fug
    The Law

Absolute precision is the only viable team buff for a ranger but there are very few encounters where the penetration rating or hit rating would provide any noticable difference. Mana/stamina/energy regeneration is worthless, even if it were just 1 point instead of 5 for full effect
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast