Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advantages?

Well, a ranger can have a total of 7 advantages, one innate, and three from each tree. But using any advantage puts it on a 60-second cooldown and all six other ones on the same 35-second cooldown. So in reality, you will most likely rotate only between two of them. The only reason I could ever see for giving so many options and then extremely limiting their use would be to give the ranger a bit of a choice to customize his or her play style. You might go with a shattering/fire build, for example, or choose to feat either shattering or fire and pair it with the innate advantage, focused fire. But there would hardly ever be a need to feat even the four one-point advantages, let alone the two multi-point ones.

I never much liked this arrangement, since I feel it cheats the ranger out of some pretty nice options. Imagine, for example, if bear shaman's manifestations were set up in the same way.

At the very least, I think there should only be a 20-second cooldown for the unused advantages so that it would be possible to rotate among three of them rather then just two.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    I never much liked this arrangement, since I feel it cheats the ranger out of some pretty nice options. Imagine, for example, if bear shaman's manifestations were set up in the same way.
    Really, imagine for example that bear shaman dont have to aim to hit his combos, and dont need to hit presteps and on top of that have 30m+ range, o and that manifestation do great burst on first hit after its activated .
    I mean cmon mate comparing things like that are quite silly, specially since fire and shattering advantages are quite nice burst by itself. 20 sec cd would be to short since rending strikes are to powerful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    No worries, there's just loads of bad information on the ranger forums, just trying to prevent it from getting any worse lol.
    You only feat 1, you already have Focused fire advantage unspecced.

I knew it was a reason I only specced 1.
    Kinaputten

advantages broke the fun in the ranger class.. just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    advantages broke the fun in the ranger class.. just sayin.
    rewamp did that
    Kinaputten

Focused fire is OK but you'll get better DPS with shattering + fire
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Less powerfull advantages with own cooldown (like choice of special arrows), stances again, more melee combos with offhand option and real combos with more directional advantages again...then ranger might be good again.

No more advantages with rending strike working the same as it is right now. (retard 2K damage everytime).
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12