Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sin PVP - Help Required

Default Sin PVP - Help Required

Hi all,

confession time; I am the worst SIN PVP'er currently playing. Honestly, I suck. No matter how much I practise, read up, attempt to gear up and try different builds I still get my ass kicked each and every mini.

Whatever build I use, it seems playing a sin pretty much centers around using Catpaw and managing you shards.

However, all that happens for me is that I jump a target - trying to make it a one on one situation as I believe once sins get into fray they die(?) - and try a combo. The usual sin stuff with SDS, GB, SWS, etc but usually only get one combo to connect. I always forget Catspaw - its just a damn hassle - my target darts out of range but then comes at me and one to two shots me through my paper thin cloth armour.

I try to be all agile like and keep out of range and hit accelarate etc but its all just so many damn buttons and stuff to remember during the heat of the battle that I just end up mashing stuff and dieing.

And thats if Im lucky enough in a mini to get a 1v1 - 99% of the time theres 2-3 at least on me after 3 secs and Im dead even quicker.

What am I doing so wrong? I see other SINs get huge amounts of kills.

Do they keep it simple? Watching another sin the other night seemed like she pretty much 2 shotted ppl before her target had even moved.

When I try this, I hit my combo, then my direction - and then they have gone - and Ive missed - and Ive used at least half of my shards up already.

Even during PVE - if I pull more than 2 mobs by accident Im usually dead. I try and stun one and move around but but the time Ive executed my combo on one to stun them Ive already taken a pounding by the other two.

Can anyone give me some advice? I really enjoy PVP and want to be effective - SINS seem to be effective if played right (like any class) but I am fully putting it out there that I just cant play one and Im on the verge of re-rolling unless some kind soul can point out the error of my ways?

Go for cloth wearers and make sure every cc hits. Don't get into situations where your team is loosing, you'll get focused and killed within a few seconds!

combos u wanna use is grim corruption or slow death strike mostly first, or then u can start by targeting demo or necro in back and load snap kick on them . followed by EB. gc IV bomb, sds, face stab + dw

if u arent good player thats what u wanna do on cloth armor, he is pretty much gonna die here unless he has full prot set and getting healed or somethign.

also cats paw seem to be broken since its "old mechanic" like guardian lighting reflex, its pretty much usless nowdays, tbh im thinking of using that 5 points somewhere else.

Only cc sin mostly use in mini game is your charge root, snap kick, or then soul strike after SDS, any other in mini game just gets u killed and they are usless even in 1v1
    The Law

Well, since you mentioned having problems with both PvE and PvP it might be helpful for you if you shared your skill-build with us, so we can look if it could be part of your problem.

Other than that, the others mentioned already that finding soft targets is important, ideally those that are not too far away from your team.
    Its no use if you have to run through the whole enemy pack alone just to attack a clothie - you'll melt in a matter of seconds as soon as they realize you're there.
    So for starters, you might want to assist your team in killing off nearby clothies instead of doing it alone. Although sins have good tools to assist them in combat, it still takes some practice, as you're still one of the squishies to other melees.
    The best tool of sins are undoubtedly their feet - knowing how to move, where to fight and when its better to dive behind the lines of your team is a life-saver. Being reckless and fighting without using your head WILL be punished by death each and every time.

Given the tiny weapon-range of sins there's a real need for knowing how far enemies can reach and how to keep yourself in range while not letting them hit you, there are a few vids which, although they're pretty old, show what I'm trying to get at. Most of the stuff shown should still be valid.

Movement:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehUqgUV9u8k
    Miasmas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS_RfryJO6o

With all the great advice and tips there is also a pretty important question to ask:

what pvp lvl are you?
    what pvp gear you have?
    how many and which AAs you have unlocked?

Yes, it is pretty common for Assassin class to be top of kills in minigame, but those are usually decked of veterans.

When I see pvp lvl 1-3 assassin in minigame it is usually free kill and he/she goes deep into negative k/d with something like 3/22.
    This is why you see very very few new assassins pop up and you can always see same players over and over (at least this is true for Fury).

so don't beat yourself up with things like "I suck" or "worst sin ever". It is VERY gear centric game and AAs only widen the gap between "haves" and "haves not".

And even when you are very experienced and geared there will still be classes that will have disgusting advantage over you, even if you are better player.
    Retired

Mate you have to do as all the other sins in minis. Hide, forget about the match, only follow other players and when you see a player half dead use the bomb kill him and run. Hide again and look for another easy kill.You will lose the mini ofc but you will be able to jerk off looking at your KD stats.

Seriously don't worry about anything if you keep playing you will improve. The important thing is that you have fun playing. People always talk about gear and AAs but It's hardly improbable a new player can win against one guy who has spent 5 years "mastering" his class.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 27th May 2014 at 10:39.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

only advice i can give you is to delete the sin and roll a conq

carnage conq does as much damage as a sin, but has way better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaellin View Post
    Hi all,

confession time; I am the worst SIN PVP'er currently playing. Honestly, I suck. No matter how much I practise, read up, attempt to gear up and try different builds I still get my ass kicked each and every mini.

Whatever build I use, it seems playing a sin pretty much centers around using Catpaw and managing you shards.

However, all that happens for me is that I jump a target - trying to make it a one on one situation as I believe once sins get into fray they die(?) - and try a combo. The usual sin stuff with SDS, GB, SWS, etc but usually only get one combo to connect. I always forget Catspaw - its just a damn hassle - my target darts out of range but then comes at me and one to two shots me through my paper thin cloth armour.

I try to be all agile like and keep out of range and hit accelarate etc but its all just so many damn buttons and stuff to remember during the heat of the battle that I just end up mashing stuff and dieing.

And thats if Im lucky enough in a mini to get a 1v1 - 99% of the time theres 2-3 at least on me after 3 secs and Im dead even quicker.

What am I doing so wrong? I see other SINs get huge amounts of kills.

Do they keep it simple? Watching another sin the other night seemed like she pretty much 2 shotted ppl before her target had even moved.

When I try this, I hit my combo, then my direction - and then they have gone - and Ive missed - and Ive used at least half of my shards up already.

Even during PVE - if I pull more than 2 mobs by accident Im usually dead. I try and stun one and move around but but the time Ive executed my combo on one to stun them Ive already taken a pounding by the other two.

Can anyone give me some advice? I really enjoy PVP and want to be effective - SINS seem to be effective if played right (like any class) but I am fully putting it out there that I just cant play one and Im on the verge of re-rolling unless some kind soul can point out the error of my ways?
    How long have you suck for? (your words not mine) if its been quite some time then I suggest you forget melee classes and roll a no skill tab target clicker Demo Necro Ranger would be top picks

If you haven't suck for very long then stick with it mate! practise makes perfect

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=185619

sin pvp videos, check only the later ones

in my sig is a duels vid, i tried to clear up my interface to make it easier for watchers to follow what is going on

Smile

Thanks for all the feedback,

to answer a few of the questions - I use either a 'bomb' build or a 'tribrid' - both posted by your good self Slith.

Dont have that many AA's unlocked yet which would definitly be holding me back.

I have the full set of T1 Whispering Blade armour, a Schirmishers Dirk main hand and a random blue off hand

And finally, my PVP rating is 2.

That said, I will watch the vids posted here and have taken on some of the great advice posted here and given to me in game since posting this (cheers Derled) so thank you all.

If nothing works - Ill reroll a conq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast