Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sin PVP - Help Required

Don't give up too early. Many characters will have better equipment than your Sin has, so you're fighting an uphill battle. As they've also got more experience, the hill is even pretty steep. The first few dozens hours, you'll get pwnd pretty badly - was the same for me when I started pvping with a Sin. But it'll get better.

Maybe join PvE groups/raids to get better equipment.

Maybe keyboard/controller setup is the issue. For example, my settings are not really suited for circle-strafing while doing combos. Combined with the reflexes of a dead duck, I'll never excel in AoC melee pvp, but I know why. Maybe tell us how you control your character, and somebody can give advice on that.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Maybe keyboard/controller setup is the issue.
    Yes, wrong keyboard setting can do more harm than no gear + wrong build
    Retired

When you start PvP on your first char, you have to learn some basic stuffs that is important for more or less every class: position, movement, evaluation of the risk in a situation.
    Some classes generally suffer less of errors on this basic stuff (mostly tanks, since they have high survivability and don't get targeted much), other classes suffer a lot.
    Sin is one of those classes, since it is clothie geared and a priority target.
    So if this is your first char, start to focus avoiding to fight outnumbered. Check your group position most of the time and try to think that, when you attack, the attention of the enemy group should not immediately turn on you (so attack from stealth, attack from back, run in/out, move fast, strafe on the back of your opponent etc; don't stand still).
    This doesn't mean that you have to play selfish, but first you have to get confidence with your class and your limits, and a sin dead before completing a combo is of no help.

Gear is really not a problem after recent changes.
    I was doing very fine with full PvP T1 set, accessories and dagger when my sin was PvP 4 (now it's PvP 6 and still using almost same gear, so I have no idea yet how gear can improve me, but it really looks already fine).

AA could be a problem, but a screenshoot would be needed to check that.

One easy good tip: try to avoid beeing kbacked. Rotate excellent balance and avatar, especially when you fight rangers or enter a gank with poms and conqs.
    Also remember that avatar can be activated from stealth.

Have fun! Sin is really a lot of fun
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Yea its fun like korando said , but oh man its so frustrating while its fun I never get frustrated like with sin unless before gear changes if ur pc sucks and u play low geared barb (zerg)
    The Law

Another tip: you should be faster as possible to use your attack rotations (especially GC / SDS + various miasmas) as well as your "get out of trouble" stuff (this includes Dull Pain and Accelerated; Cat's Paw too, but this one not always works well, as you already got adviced, so don't count too much on it).

As someone wrote good keyboard (and eventually mouse, if you have a gaming mouse) bindings are essential.

For example, on all char I generally bind main combos on buttons near arrow.
    On sin for example I have GC and SDS on buttons Q and E (their finishers are top-left and top-right, so buttons immediately above). This allows you to move while performing combo pre-steps (you can have some finger on movement arrows and push combo button with another) or combo-jump when you get practice.

For me on sin one tip that is really crazy is to have miasmas bind on mouse buttons (but you need a game mouse for that).
    This allows you to move and even already start another combo while using miasma at same time (since miasmas are instant).
    Sometimes this can be so fast that you can look like cheating to a someone not using a mouse for that (good keyb bind should be ok aswell anyway).

Well this is a bit more complex stuff, but what is important is that good keyb bindings, as more exp sins already wrote, are essential for PvP, on any class.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 28th May 2014 at 10:40.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I see you're in Vendetta, if you want some ingame help send a tell to Vahlie and we can go do some training in Arena.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12