Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP HoX help ... badly needed

To OP:

You desparately needs golden perk RSoX put i on timer. Than Decisive strikes or Pressing and Chromatic Wards (for better survival i.e. on Crom). But those 15 Prowess points you got available put to Transcendence this you need most now. And later take also Will of Sublime for more crit dmg.

Take that Spaart build which is pretty much perfect. I use exactly the same.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Why bother getting RSoX if he's mainly doing minis? Enslaving Fire or From the Beyond are hox's pvp feats, a little extra str and int isnt gonna make a noticable difference.

Enslaving fire is a must in duels but in minis it is good only when you have 5/5. For possession hox the best aa for mini is ftb, the second one - rsox.

What I love about hox is that there are more AA's that are viable in pvp.
    I have done minis with rsox, pot, ftb and enslaving fire. Depending on your playstyle and other team any of them can be good.
    Now im running ftb and really love it. Sometimes i use pot and fully buffed btd. It is slow combo and hard to land but if you time it right with this perk it can be devastating. But if it is vs good players than like Spaart say you will die before animation of it is over (same like molten slash).
    Hell strikes are useful vs other hoxes mostly, but sometimes you just need to fire off some melee combo and pillars are on cd so they come in handy. Dmg is nothing spectacular but if combo crits its pretty decent.
    Enslaving fire is okeish for minis, its long combo with evident animation but it helps to combo jump it. It is better for duels but can work in minis to.

Dont forget about ToX. Its slow spell but it can be pretty devastating in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Why bother getting RSoX if he's mainly doing minis? Enslaving Fire or From the Beyond are hox's pvp feats, a little extra str and int isnt gonna make a noticable difference.
    Because it's great in pvp. Several of the top hoxes on Fury are using it as their main major perk.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Because it's great in pvp. Several of the top hoxes on Fury are using it as their main major perk.
    It's been my main major perk for years, occasionally using PoT or FtB.

PoT is for me the best perk pvp for Hox.
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Thanks guys , exactly what I was looking for.

I myself use FtB pretty much exclusively but he is rather newbie in PvP who has problem with making enough dmg thats why RSoX is best choice for him. If you got problem with killing people you can hardly imagine that you will chase people with extra charges.

One more advice, focus rather clothies and rogues occasionaly healers, try to avoid tanks until you become sure what you are doing. And put on them pretty much everything you got not on CD it means immediately Chains of Anguish, Spitfire etc. it is instant anyway so not hard to land and you realize killing on HoX is not as hard as you thought.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast