Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Red Hand Quest in the Outflow Tunnels

OK, I gather that, "CC," means, "crowd control."

I'm not up on the jargon, so just what, exactly, is "crowd control?"

Abilities like stun, knockback, fear, root etc.. Not necessarily harming the enemy, but "controlling" him/her/it to buy you time or interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    OK, I gather that, "CC," means, "crowd control."

I'm not up on the jargon, so just what, exactly, is "crowd control?"
    yes mmo's is like a subculture lots of secret words wich if you mention them to anyone outside in the real world they have no clue if its klingon or you rambling esoteric hexes.

for tos main ones are these

.thundering voice-interrupts combos and spells, inhibits spells being casted while it lasts on target, feating the extra snare is handy in pvp&pve

.cobra stare-stuns your target to stand still and do nothing for a few seconds, feat sets entrapment will make it last longer

.quick sand-roots your target so he doesnt move, notice that if your target does ranged atacks this cc will be ineficient in pve, in pvp you can always just root and go behind rooted person.
    main thing in pve is when you root move away from rooted person fast so you can take advantage of him being rooted.

.fangs of set-will make your target miss every hit, very usefull in mobs/bosses who deal melee damage

.eye of the storm(not fully sure of name not ingame) lvl 80 ability enhancing your magic damage, and causing any one hitting you with melee atacks to be cast in to the ground knockbacked.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 22nd May 2014 at 13:58.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Thanks. I'm a Conqueror so I don't have crowd control (that I know of). Any Conqueror tips would help.
    Move out of the foggy(?) areas that spawns during fight. As conq you should have knockback and fear CCs

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Move out of the foggy(?) areas that spawns during fight. As conq you should have knockback and fear CCs
    I'm a relatively new player so I will look for those abilities (I haven't used them yet). Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Abilities like stun, knockback, fear, root etc.. Not necessarily harming the enemy, but "controlling" him/her/it to buy you time or interrupt.
    Ah. My character has some of these, but the time taken to cast something else usually uses up the time an enemy is frozen, making it not very useful. But, I guess there's a hang to it that I need to learn.

Mobs scale to your level in this one. I found that I had to kite a lot, on my lower-level melee characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Ah. My character has some of these, but the time taken to cast something else usually uses up the time an enemy is frozen, making it not very useful. But, I guess there's a hang to it that I need to learn.
    I don't know your level, but if I recall correctly, you're an Herald of Xotli, correct ? So, depending on level and/or feats you might have a long fear, and a big stun when you transform in demon form, stun that can be awesomely long if you feat it fully (Horrible visage of Xotli). You also have Words of Command as a root, which is a base CC.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

All the trashs have 100% resistance to fear, tho.

I like how people are actually having trouble with this. It's good to see an actual challenge arise from the solo content of the game again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast