Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Red Hand Quest in the Outflow Tunnels

Default Anniversary Red Hand Quest in the Outflow Tunnels

Wow! That's a hard one. It shows up red in my journal, but I tried it out, anyway with my lvl 38 Tempest of Set. Kept getting killed, so I split until I can find better weapons and/or armor.

I had thought that, being a gift of sorts, it'd be a fairly straightforward romp.

Man, was I wrong...

Here is a video of someone that did it on his hox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiBeO_-N0wI

He is level 80 and another class but I think the quest scales with level so it should be equally hard for everyone.
    Unless it is bugged of course, but I assume the mobs you face are not level 80? In that case you can forget about it.
    To be fair, I was surprised by the difficulty level too. Usually those anniversary/holiday events are a gift you just have to unwrap; this time you have to use quite some force to get the rewards.
    I don't have low level characters anymore but I did it on some badly geared level 80s so I think you should be able to do it too.

Hope the video helps. Good luck.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 22nd May 2014 at 00:14.

I'm not geared all too well and, yes, they are geared to my level.

I don't have time to play in groups and get the really good gear - or, so I understand. So, I only have what I've been able to find in solo quest drops.

I thought I'd had the first one, but it kept spawning fighters and my character couldn't handle the load. One at a time was easy, two was difficult, but to stay at two, as you killed off the guys - well, that was impossible.

I'll have to see if I can find better stuff and return.

Do you have few CCs in your feat too, to handle those add ?
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Always move when it hurts! ^^
    If you are low on health, kite a bit, kill the remaining add and go back to boss. Newly summoned adds wont attack you if you are out of their aggro range, they just start patrolling.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

I watched the Youtube video which shows 'Shadows of the Past' from start to finish but it omits many important steps. The video is not a complete walk-through of the quest chain.

I was at the end boss, (dead) Strom, but got killed. I had to log out and won't be able to play again until tomorrow.

Before I resume, I would appreciate some advice on the end boss fight. Do I have to destroy Strom's Shadow Stone to keep him from respawning or does Strom stop respawning after dying 3 times in a row (the video seems to indicate the latter)? Any other tips on finishing the quest would be helpful as this is tougher than expected.

Yeah you have to kill him 3 times. Each time with less health. You can CC him so if you need to do so and move away to regain some hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Yeah you have to kill him 3 times. Each time with less health. You can CC him so if you need to do so and move away to regain some hp.
    Thanks. I'm a Conqueror so I don't have crowd control (that I know of). Any Conqueror tips would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    I watched the Youtube video which shows 'Shadows of the Past' from start to finish but it omits many important steps. The video is not a complete walk-through of the quest chain.

I was at the end boss, (dead) Strom, but got killed. I had to log out and won't be able to play again until tomorrow.

Before I resume, I would appreciate some advice on the end boss fight. Do I have to destroy Strom's Shadow Stone to keep him from respawning or does Strom stop respawning after dying 3 times in a row (the video seems to indicate the latter)? Any other tips on finishing the quest would be helpful as this is tougher than expected.
    It is enough to kill Strom three times. Each time you kill him his Shadow Stone loses some health, and after the third time the Stone disappears.

(And Strom is not the final boss. After you kill him you need to kill the Acheronian Soul. In my experience it is a somewhat easier fight than against Strom, but takes much longer - but that may well depend on your class and your tactics.)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    It is enough to kill Strom three times. Each time you kill him his Shadow Stone loses some health, and after the third time the Stone disappears.

(And Strom is not the final boss. After you kill him you need to kill the Acheronian Soul. In my experience it is a somewhat easier fight than against Strom, but takes much longer - but that may well depend on your class and your tactics.)
    Yes, I saw that the Acheronian Soul was the final, final boss in the Youtube video. The Acheronian Soul fight looked straight forward so I didn't ask about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast