Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Event quest - like/dislike?

I do not disagree, but the WB was grind content and the client/connection does become instable with too much area transitions...so i would not call it all laziness (for example i was crashing constantly on crom , when coming towards a battle already in progress).
    And here it is the quest starter...the whole thing happens anyway in a solo instance...
    Gilding vendor, fine. This make perfect sense near a hub trader, but the rest?
    And why always Old Tarantia? Is it the fastest less "scrolling down" zone in the devs editor software?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Maybe you have not talked to the urchin at the docks first?
    No, I talked to'im. That's why I said majority; it seems that most of the quests are geared for hi-end characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I do not disagree, but the WB was grind content and the client/connection does become instable with too much area transitions...so i would not call it all laziness (for example i was crashing constantly on crom , when coming towards a battle already in progress).
    And here it is the quest starter...the whole thing happens anyway in a solo instance...
    Gilding vendor, fine. This make perfect sense near a hub trader, but the rest?
    And why always Old Tarantia? Is it the fastest less "scrolling down" zone in the devs editor software?
    You can do the event in a group though I would not recommend it. Once you get to the part in the Acheronian Ruins only the first person to enter will get updates to their quest. Plus it becomes way to easy.

As far as Tarantia, that part is obvious. It is the central hub of the game. You can not go from say, Khemi to Conarch Village without having to pass through Tarantia. Also it is where the person who's name is in the title of the game resides.

Did it once, haven't tried on alts yet. Don't know if I care too.. loots aren't there. Need more loots in this game.. Weapons and Gear. Without a huge grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    You can do the event in a group though I would not recommend it. Once you get to the part in the Acheronian Ruins only the first person to enter will get updates to their quest. Plus it becomes way to easy.

As far as Tarantia, that part is obvious. It is the central hub of the game. You can not go from say, Khemi to Conarch Village without having to pass through Tarantia. Also it is where the person who's name is in the title of the game resides.
    Yeah. I'm prety sure if a clan of Pict's claiming they have a prophesy or whatever claiming that something is going to kill Conan, that their access to OT might well be doubly limited more than usual, even with the Black Dragons currently engaged with the Nemedians in their city.

Something doesn't fit, the story is just weird and I'm still trying to convince myself I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    {BUG] Apparently, this quest is broken... One can level from 21 to 28 just by doing the quest. Fix as soon as possible!
    heh, why? Nothing's stopping you from going back and doing the other content. Judging by most peoples game knowledge these days, most people dont even know about most zones; they target the instances and raids.

And I can PL someone from 16 to 30 in about 10-15 minutes anyway, depending how much I've had to Schtunk (no, not taking offer's!).

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I found the quest boring and the story really butchered lore when it comes to portrining Picts. Picts are savages, half-beasts almost. The very idea that pictish clan would come to city of Tortage for help if laughable. Overall those picts are portrayed as mild mannered and civilized which couldn't be farther from the truth.
    They didn't really. As they say, they came to Tortage following a vision. They were tricked, by Strom. I even went out of my way to make sure it had lore ties to the Black Stranger. Yes, somewhat tenuous, but then again we didn't have a lot of time for it.

Considering Howard's influences when creating the Picts, I don't think it is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    As quality of events is going up, I must sadly admit that the quality of the writing is doing dooooooooooooooown.
    This is my fault, and if it felt a bit rushed it was because I wrote most of the dialogue in a single day, with very little scope for reviewing/rewriting.

Halloween, though, I consider more important than the anniversary so we tend to put more focus on that storyline. And hey, at least we are creating new stuff for these!
    Last edited by Nusquam; 1st June 2014 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Halloween, though, I consider more important than the anniversary so we tend to put more focus on that storyline. And hey, at least we are creating new stuff for these!
    Not sure if it is more important or not, but we like new stuff! However, the rewards was very much on the low side this event. Perhaps a few out of hundred got something nice from the epic treasure chest, but most do not.

Could you perhaps look into some good subscription offers? I mean, we have an anniversary as well as some relaunched PVP. Perhaps it would be timely to cease the momentum and come up with some offers for everyone, returning as well as faithful playing people.

Cheers!

I liked the event overall. The length of the quest as well as the storyline through areas a lvl 80 player would not normally go was appreciated. The only thing that seemed to be missing was some repeatability on one toon. The Halloween guest had better rewards and allowed the quest to be repeated on one toon. I would have liked to get enough Token of Gildings to purchase a single pet as opposed to having multiple toons with a couple tokens each.

The event quest is absolutely great! I love it!
    When I was doing it on a level-70 barbarian, it was challenging at the Shadowed Strom, and it was a lot of fun to figure out how to fight him properly!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast