Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadows in the Past (anniversary quest)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Console game style design...always disliked that.
    You can argue about balance, repetiveness, timesinkishness, difficulty and fun, where imo last years quests were a lot better (still linear, but with rewarding optional content and not as tedious and long).

But as Elsunga said...my main annoyance too was that you had to redo a lot of already done content (which is double bad, if you did not like it much), if you crash, relog or just needed a break (or run out of potions). Even the invisible walls get back when you fought the final boss already, so you have to kill the annoying balls again all over up the stairs.

Question for funcom:
    How are these quests treated? Will it be enough to just get them on all chars to finish them at leisure (like oasis halloween and midwinter quests) or will the infrastructure disappear (like last years werewolf quests)?

Taking the timesink value of the current questline and the additional pvp quests some might want to do, too...i think this would be good to know for people with more than one char.

Suggestions:
    - reduce health on the balls a lot or give them proper mechanics you can counter (e.g. a summoning castbar) OR make them optional kills
    - slightly reduce the respawn rates, so fighting through the spawns becomes a valid option even for low dps chars. At least as long as you got no aggro from the ball, then faster respawns are fine
    - increase the casttime of Stroms knockbar at least so, that an average player can react and counter with own ccs
    - maybe give some unique random loot drop chance to the pirates as on tortage beach...right now all they are worth is skipping
    - a resspoint on top of the stairs might be nice OR a potion vendor

You should remember, this is a solo anniversary quest for mostly vanity rewards...not grindable challenge with power rewards or part of a pve tier.
    Or it should be scalled to player gear. I can imagine for people with T3 gear it is very easy quest. For people with fresh 80 lvl gear with no raid stuff it is quite difficult.

Yes, that would work Sadly funcom has not been successfull in balancing solo instances and "tough" bosses in the past. And in their defense without scaling it is not easy, too. You would need some algorithm depending on class to judge the "power" of a char...or simply test the instances with each class and with different gear/power levels.

Any official answer about the permanency of the gilding vendor, a timelimit on finishing the quests and how to get more than 2 gilding tokens?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd May 2014 at 10:50.

Stand there and blow him up... and avoid the black stuff on the ground after each kill.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Stand there and blow him up... and avoid the black stuff on the ground after each kill.
    Well... with much better gear this would work nicely but with my gear I have to kite him lot, so it is not that easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12