Thread: Hykranian Questline

Default Hykranian Questline

I am not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to AoC hence the following request:

Can someone please give me a short walkthrough for a PoM with the Hykranian quests?

I joined the faction and got two quests, one is the timed horse race and the other involves getting bitten by snakes and returning to a shaman.

Quite frankly my horse is just too slow and I won't ever complete this until I get a faster nag.

As for the other one, it totally baffles me. I go kill snakes (dozens of the wretched things) they bite me and the quest just doesn't get completed.

I am doing the Wolves of the Steppes with my Demo and that is going really well, but my PoM has completely stalled and I know there must be more than two quests....

My last question is how do you leave a faction?

Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by buzzyb View Post
    I am not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to AoC hence the following request:

Can someone please give me a short walkthrough for a PoM with the Hykranian quests?

I joined the faction and got two quests, one is the timed horse race and the other involves getting bitten by snakes and returning to a shaman.

Quite frankly my horse is just too slow and I won't ever complete this until I get a faster nag.

As for the other one, it totally baffles me. I go kill snakes (dozens of the wretched things) they bite me and the quest just doesn't get completed.

I am doing the Wolves of the Steppes with my Demo and that is going really well, but my PoM has completely stalled and I know there must be more than two quests....

My last question is how do you leave a faction?

Thanks in advance....
    You don't have to kill the snakes you have to hit them only with white hits until you got the poison dot x10. And with the normal horse you should be able to complete the race.
    But I'm not sure the hyrkanians are the best way to go with a pom. The wolfs have the necklace for healer and the best gear for pom is one of Scarlet circle for max dps, the one of Yakosha for max heal rating and the Yun one for something in between.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 19th May 2014 at 13:28.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

I swapped to no weapon for the snake quest and white hit with my fists, so that it didn't die before I got any stacks. That might help =)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

There are 3 obstacle course quests... the first two are easy to do on a regular mount, but the third (only one that is repeatable) does require a swift mount at the least, or a white tiger (you can get from store or /claim).

You definitely do not want to kill the snakes... just keep whacking them. You will get a buff that stacks to 10, when you get that, either finish off the snake or run back to the quest giver to turn in. Just keep your eye on the stacks, cause there is no other alert that you completed the quest. Easy to do on a PoM as you can keep your heals up.

As you gain ranks, more quests will open up... target practice, capturing a stallion, magic mirror, killing wolves of the steppe are some that I remember... There are also two quests you can get up in the swamp at a low level... one is from a hunter in the hyrk camp, and the other is from a tiger (similar to the wolf one, only a bit up the hill from it). That's 8 repeatables in total, plus the one-time transitionals.

Hyrks and wolves are the easiest factions to level imo. I levelled Hyrk first with my PoM cause I love their mount (got him the resplendent sun-strider). ToS and PoM can also get faction gear too if you want them. Then switch to the wolves. If you want the Hyrk dungeon gear, you can come get it later even after you betray them... just have to kill mobs on your way to the vendor.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    You definitely do not want to kill the snakes... just keep whacking them. You will get a buff that stacks to 10, when you get that, either finish off the snake or run back to the quest giver to turn in. Just keep your eye on the stacks, cause there is no other alert that you completed the quest. Easy to do on a PoM as you can keep your heals up.
    I've found that when you are sufficiently poisoned that you will bleed green along with the red. That is how I know when to cut and run to return the quest.