Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rings in store

Default New rings in store

I'm sorry but these are way overpriced. Now if they we're account bound and could be claimed on all characters it would be fairly priced. But to buy both 80 rings pvp or pve, it would cost $50 per character. THAT'S INSANE. Who in the right mind would spend their hard earned money on virtual rings they can only use on one character? I mean even if you're buying one that's 20-30 bucks a ring .. FOR ONE CHARACTER. That's just abusrd. PLEASE MAKE THE RINGS ACCOUNT BOUND WITH THAT KIND OF PRICE.
    Last edited by Mercenarie76; 16th May 2014 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    You want it, you pay it.
    Yeah I want it, and i'll pay it once they become reasonable and make them account bound or lower the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    Yeah I want it, and i'll pay it once they become reasonable and make them account bound or lower the price.
    Isn't it possible to unlock the ring for all characters on the account, like you can do it with most of the other items from the shop, for a 25% surcharge ?

Please keep in mind that the account wide unlock button is only visible if you have enough fc points to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    Isn't it possible to unlock the ring for all characters on the account, like you can do it with most of the other items from the shop, for a 25% surcharge ?

Please keep in mind that the account wide unlock button is only visible if you have enough fc points to buy it.
    That's irrelevant, the whole point is the price.

As far as I know, only a few social items and the inventory bags are full account unlockable. I didn't get the annual sub offer because it was only for one character: if the ring was account wide I've have done it.

Waiting to see what this year brings on anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    That's irrelevant, the whole point is the price.
    I agree that the price for one character bound ring is way too high, but if you have a lot of chars on your account an unlock for every char, even chars you may create in the future, for a 25% surcharge is quite reasonable.

Maybe someone has enough points to see if the unlock option works. I don't want to spend 40€ in points just to realize that there is no unlock option.
    Last edited by Karadok; 16th May 2014 at 09:22.

I'm a bit disappointed about this ring affair.

Several people posted in the test live forum that they'd welcome an increase in pvp xp gain. Funcom told us they'd look into it. And now these rings have been introduced to the item shop.

I think I speak for all that posted about the issue: That is not what we wanted.

1. Pay to win
    I don't like to say it, but these rings cross the red line from "convenience items" to "pay to win". The ring's stats and xp boni are too good for shop items.

2. Pay for tweaks/updates
    Adjusting pvp progression is a general issue, not something individual players should be charged for. PvP in its current form is, at least for me, not that exciting. It's imbalanced, the minigame maps are nothing you'll ever get a design price for, and the progression/gear/class gaps are so horrible it's not really a competition of skill, but of class choice / location / having farmed Bori before the nerf. Progression being as slow as it is, it's just not attractive to many people. Selling an item that speeds up progression is not a reasonable or even viable way to fix that.

Do you seriously think I'd pay money to speed up a content published in 2008? That's like selling pve damage buffs that only work on Vistrix.

2. Pricing
    The pricing is completely over the top. For the price you demand, people can buy a complete pvp GAME instead of one dubious item in a 2008 game they already pay(ed) for.

Your accounting people probably did some math and apparently think that the optimum prices are to be set very high, as apparently, they think that there're still enough people to buy that s...tuff.

I don't have the numbers, but I dare to say anyhow: That is a fallacy. Look at the world around you. What apps are the best sellers in stores? Those that cost 20 €/$ or those that cost 0.99 €/$? The idea about "micro"payment is setting low barriers for a purchase decision and getting a lot of people to spend a little money each.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post

Several people posted in the test live forum that they'd welcome an increase in pvp xp gain. Funcom told us they'd look into it. And now these rings have been introduced to the item shop.

I think I speak for all that posted about the issue: That is not what we wanted.

1. Pay to win
    I don't like to say it, but these rings cross the red line from "convenience items" to "pay to win". The ring's stats and xp boni are too good for shop items.

Adjusting pvp progression is a general issue, not something individual players should be charged for. PvP in its current form is, at least for me, not that exciting. It's imbalanced, the minigame maps are nothing you'll ever get a design price for, and the progression/gear/class gaps are so horrible it's not really a competition of skill, but of class choice / location / having farmed Bori before the nerf. Progression being as slow as it is, it's just not attractive to many people. Selling an item that speeds up progression is not a reasonable or even viable way to fix that.

Do you seriously think I'd pay money to speed up a content published in 2008? That's like selling pve damage buffs that only work on Vistrix.

2. Pricing
    The pricing is completely over the top. For the price you demand, people can buy a complete pvp GAME instead of one dubious item in a 2008 game they already pay(ed) for.

Your accounting people probably did some math and apparently think that the optimum prices are to be set very high, as apparently, they think that there're still enough people to buy that s...tuff.

I don't have the numbers, but I dare to say anyhow: That is a fallacy. Look at the world around you. What apps are the best sellers in stores? Those that cost 20 €/$ or those that cost 0.99 €/$? The idea about "micro"payment is setting low barriers for a purchase decision and getting a lot of people to spend a little money each.
    I completely agree with this. Funcom continually fails to understand "micro" transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post

1. Pay to win

2. Pricing

I agree PvP wise, but for PvE, who cares if you wanna pay to deck yourself out, it doesn't affect other players, whereas in PvP you get an unfair advantage against players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast